Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Pancreas, My Doctor, CASI, My Child, My Turquoise Cuff Bracelet...and Other Random Topics

Good Afternoon! Only two more days until the river. Wooo Hooo.....I'm so excited! I plan on having a great time; relaxing, drinking wine, floating....I can't wait to get down there. After I drop P off at school Friday morning, I'll catch up with the boys.

Soooo....I went to the doctor this morning...my evil pancreas doctor. I mean, my pancreas is evil, I love my doctor. He's just so cool and down to earth. First of all, I've gained weight. I knew I had, but I didn't realize how much. I have got to get back to eating better...which is probably why my pancreas has been such a brat lately. It just pisses me off. I'm good and I still have problems. I'm bad and I have problems. I don't want to give up my wine. I'm not going to give up my wine. I'll give up red meat and food in general before I give up alcohol. (Great, can't wait for my mother to read this.) I'm back on my restrictive, pancreas is the king diet. No oils, no butter, no fats (including avocados), no red meat and NO CAFFEINE. I told him he could kiss my (large) ass over that. I mean, what's the point? If I can't have caffeine, well, you people had just better watch out! And I have to cut back on the wine....and fried foods - which I guess means fried veggies, too! And no cheese. Three weeks of this. I can do it. I did it for three months last summer, so this should be a breeze. If I'm not feeling any better, another round of tests and.....some of Michael Jackson's Milk!!! Hell Yeah - that is some good shizz!!!! Okay, enough about the pancreas. It has gotten entirely too much attention today.

Thank you, thank you to Renee Moore for responding to my email and for suggesting some of my ideas on the ED's Blog. I know I didn't just come up with a cure for incontinence or anything, but hey - anything helps when it comes to saving money! Maybe if enough people stop receiving the Trails and an actual membership card, CASI can save some money and put it to use in other areas. It was brought up that a lot of cooks like to receive paper versions of the Trails as a benefit of paying $15 annually and being a member of CASI. Uumm...okay. I don't know if I agree with that, nor do I feel that a paper version of the Trails is going to make anyone feel like they are really getting their money's worth out of CASI. To each his own, right?! Still, I really believe that if you feel like you can offer a suggestion that can help CASI, or you've got the time or knowledge to give when it comes to advertising or marketing CASI, SPEAK UP! We can either be our own worst enemy, or own best advocate! Let's stop relying on "free press" and sponsors to help get our message out to the masses. We need to work with the Board and drill it into their heads that CASI has got to start taking responsibility for marketing CASI. I'm tired of hearing that "CASI needs to change how they do things", or "CASI needs new blood" and then the next thing you know, the majority has voted against the change that most of them were screaming about in the first place! Well, we aren't going to change things if we keep standing in the way of those who can lead the way, and we aren't going to get any new blood if we don't innovate and advertise who we are. We are not doing anything productive for ourselves by hanging onto the "But, we've always done it this way" whining and crying. That attitude is not going to help our organization - whether it's coming from the BOD or the membership. That's my CASI soapbox for today!

I still cannot find my turquoise cuff bracelet and I'm so mad and furious. I've been looking online and I can't find anything similar to it. I'm just so pissed! I can't believe I lost a bracelet that size. It was an Old Pawn style Turquoise cuff bracelet and it was just beautiful. And it was Manassa Turquoise, which is a greenish blue Turquoise with brown in it. Ggggrrrrrrr............

Paige cracks me up. A recent conversation:

Paige: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me: Fixing your lunch.
Paige: Where's my soup and thermos?
Me: Oh, I forgot. I'll put up the bologna.
Paige: I told you yesterday that I wanted soup for lunch today. What were you thinking fixing me a sandwich? Are you having memory problems again? Do you need to start using your reminder notebook again? Do you even know where it is?
Me: Paige, go finished getting dressed.

Keep in mind, this is someone who can't remember to go put up her backpack minutes after I've asked her to. Yet, I'm somehow damaged goods because I forgot about her soup request sometime between Tuesday evening and this morning. Jeez...what a loser :)

I'm seriously considering buying a bed and pillow for Eddie and Waylon. They already have a dog bed. I mean a little toddler bed for them. I know...aren't I sick? Waylon loves to lay his head on the pillow. He drug one of my throw pillows in his crate and was sleeping on it yesterday. Awww......

If I have a tile bench in my shower that keeps cracking, and you tell me it must be because water is getting on it, I'm going to verbally assault you and chastise you for saying something so blatantly ignorant before I make you speak to my husband.

If you work for me, and I tell you to take the rest of the week off as long as you don't have a job to run or Gary doesn't need you for anything and you lie to me and say that you don't, I will crawl so far up your ass for getting my ass chewed out by my husband that you will never, ever call me again for anything.

On the other hand, if you work for me and you continually protect me from the stupid people, I will give you anything that you need :)


Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the rain!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment