Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Have Returned....

Happy Tuesday! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good - I spent Saturday on the Guadalupe (literally...got on at 11, got off at 6:30) and Sunday puttering around Gruene. I really enjoyed the Karmic forces that were in charge on Saturday. Gary lost his glasses and a flip flop, and the band fell off of his hat. It was a rough ride on Saturday and I told him it was payback for laughing at me when I almost drowned! I visited Dry Comal Creek Winery Sunday. It's outside of New Braunfels off of Hwy 46. Small winery, really great wines. Gary and I love their Red Table Wine. I also bought a bottle of their Spanish Red, the Cabernet and the Blush. We also stocked up on wine at The Grapevine in Gruene.

I've got two more weeks of being gone and then I'll be back in my school year/chili year routine. This Saturday is my birthday and we'll be celebrating it - where else - in Gruene. This is going to be a Brignon/Bowden/Fieseler/Brockman/Perdue family vacation on the river. We're going to float on Friday and Saturday, and a few of the group are going to Luckenbach Saturday to shop. Saturday night will be dinner at the Gristmill followed by Charlie Robison at Gruene Hall. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait for the rest of the family to spend time down there and have a blast - I know they will. I wish I could just live down there full time during the summer. It's my happy place :)

The weekend after that will be the GP Meeting in Salado. This has all the makings of a VERY interesting meeting this year! I'm still on the fence about my arrival time and I'm feeling extremely guilty - Paige has a Karate tournament that Saturday. I didn't find out about it until a few weeks ago, so I'm trying to figure out how to be in 2 places at once :)

Two years ago, when I turned 35, I said that the next 35 years of my life were going to be different from the last. Well folks, I can confidently say that I have taken a very big first step towards meeting my goal. Stay tuned.....

Have a great day!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment