Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Conversations with Paige

Last night we were at Chilis eating dinner. We managed to be the best rednecks ever by pulling Paige's tooth in the restaurant. Paige didn't disappoint, either!

Paige: Ow!
Me and Gary: What's wrong?
Paige: (exasperated) It's my back.
Me and Gary: Your back?
Paige: Yes, my back. (even more exasperated at her stupid parents) I've told you. I have back problems. My back is really bothering me tonight. I think it's this booth. And I really need a new mattress. It's not supporting me when I sleep.

Gary and I just sat there speechless.

And then this morning, this gem:

Paige: Mommy, I dressed myself.
Me: Yes, I see you. You look beautiful.
Paige: I prefer "hot".
Me: Excuse me?
Paige: I look hot. And I like to look hot instead of beautiful. So when you want to tell me I look good, tell me I look hot.

This coming from someone with no top teef.



Have a great day!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment