Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School...Back to Work (by 8:30 am)

This is why I love the school year - I am forced to spend an entire day at the office. I screw off all summer long because I don't have to be here on time. I have no reason to get up early, no need to hurry. Granted, I come in to the office every day, but during the summer, I show up when I feel like it. While that's a nice perk to have, it doesn't bode well for me as it takes me awhile to acclimate to the office bullshit and by the time I'm in a frame of mind to work, it's time to leave! So yeah...I'm totally loving back to school.

I had a great weekend! While some people like to spend their weekend on a beach drinking fruity drinks with umbrellas in them, I prefer to be productive. Here's a rundown of my weekend:

Spent Saturday cleaning and redecorating my house. We had our carpet replaced with (fake) wood flooring last week and the dust created by that process was unreal. My mom came out to the house and helped. She reorganized my cabinets and helped me redecorate.

Supervised Zoe as she cleaned her disgusting pigsty. There is a reason the girls' rooms are in an area of the house that cannot be viewed by the rest of the house. I never knew how nasty one person could be. Whew!

Folded piles and piles and piles of laundry. I still have another load to fold. I was unaware that 88 people lived in my house. Where in the hell does all of this friggin laundry come from?

Cleaned out P's drawers and rearranged them so that she can get to her uniforms in the morning and get dressed.

Took the girls shopping and to dinner at Outback. We had a lovely afternoon at Target and dinner was wonderful. We all came home and went to bed. Cleaning wore us out!

Broke up a fight between my bloodhound Wyatt and coonhound Blue. Wyatt is the baby of the group (yet weighs in at 120) and Blue is your typical middle child, dirty agitator type. One of them will look at the other one sideways and then they get pissed and all hell breaks loose. After they got finished arguing, they got in their doghouse (because they sleep together) and all was well.

Tucker, the basset, gets tired of the Wyatt/Blue drama. Tucker decided to stay on the back porch and sleep there. This was great news to Eddie. Eddie, if you remember, is my dachshund who needs to get laid. Eddie is in love with Tucker. Obsessed would be a more accurate term, actually. Eddie cried and moaned and panted all night. He wanted to be with Tucker on the back porch. I made Eddie come in and he was out of control at the back door. He wouldn't stay in the bed with me and Waylon, so I put him in his crate. Well, he broke out of it at 3 am trying to get to Tucker. So I put him in the other crate, went back to my bedroom, shut the door and put my earplugs in. He wined all night. Tucker was also sick of the obsessive love that Eddie has for him and decided he'd rather sleep with the fighting jackasses than listen to Eddie's wanting cries for him. Lord...did I just write that??? LOL

So that was my weekend. Paige, Zoe and I had a great girls only weekend. I got up and made breakfast both mornings. The girls love it when I make Eggs In Toast. I cut a hole out of the bread and fry the egg inside of it. It's sooo good and I love it, too. Gary had a great time in the Virgin Islands and is on his way home today. Dr. Ray got 2nd, Gary got 4th, Shirley Sexton placed 6th and TJ got 8th place. Congrats to all!

Looking forward to the River on Friday.....can't wait!

I've got grocery shopping to do so that I can get to cooking this week. Plenty of recipes to post....and they'll be healthy!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment