Friday, September 9, 2011

This and That.......

I'm beginning to believe that I should go ahead and come in on Mondays even if it's a holiday. The Monday after Monday that has taken over this week is almost unbearable. Thank God today is almost over with. THANK GOD!!!!

So, Gary wasn't home last night and I figured Paige and I would get in bed early, get some fabulous rest and have a peaceful night. WRONG! The Muffin was out of control. Waylon was on guard duty all night. He barked at anything and everything. At nothing. At Eddie. At me and Paige. Then, Fred, Wyatt, Tucker, Molly and Blue all started howling and singing. Then Waylon joined in. Then he wanted to go outside. It was like this all freakin night long. I'm sure he's going to sleep all day and be ready to go again tonight. Maybe I need to start giving him puppy hydrocodone at night to knock him out :) Or maybe a benadryl?? Eddie on the other hand was a little angel. He stayed under the covers keeping me and The Juicy nice and warm. He's such a suck up when Waylon is being bad. Wednesday night, Waylon lured Eddie into the dark hallway so that he could hump him. Eddie didn't seem to bent out of shape, so I guess no charges will be pressed....LOL!!!

This morning after I dropped off Paige, I took her karate uniform to the dry cleaners to have it cleaned for her tournament tomorrow. The sign on the door says, "In by 9 am out by 5 pm by request". I asked them to launder and starch it for pickup today. The girl looks at me and says, "Do you have to have it today?" I told her that I did need it back today. She then asked, "Is it a necessity for the weekend?" Uh, yeah....I tell her and then I turn around, point to the sign and point out to her that in big letters on their front door, they say you can have it back the same day if you get it there by 9 am and seeing as how it's 7:45 in the morning, why is this a problem?? She reluctantly (WTF?????) agreed and told me I could pick it up after 5 today. Seriously??

I made the mistake of taking on this problem sans caffeine. I got in my car and hauled ass to Starbucks down the street. I ordered a Venti Americano with an extra shot and when I was driving off from the drive thru, some DUMBASS woman walked out in front of me. I had to slam on my brakes. Guess what? The lady behind me rear ended me. I was SO PISSED at the dumbass woman who walked out in front of me. I rolled down my window and yelled at her and she just looked at me like a clueless moron. The back of my Expedition was fine - the woman hit me on the hitch, so it didn't do anything to my vehicle. Her vehicle was fine, too. It somehow knocked out her contact....um...okay!!! So off I go to T&B Demolition because I hadn't had enough and I like to immerse myself in angst and bullshit.

I had been summoned, along with our business partner, to meet with a general contractor who doesn't think we have the financial wherewithal to finance a job. It's a small job - $180,000 - and we really don't know what the problem is. So, off we go to have our brains sucked out. I tell said business partner, and I'm quoting, "I'm not going to speak; you do the talking. I think this is BS because our financials are in good shape and I'm going to have a hard time not being a smart ass. I will speak if spoken to, but you need to do the talking."

What happens when we get there? Aforementioned business partner is asked direct questions. He either stares back at person asking question or looks at me to answer. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS????????? I said I wasn't going to talk. What the fuck is the problem here?!?!?!? So, here I am, talking when I don't want to and getting my feathers ruffled because I think this is the most absurd meeting ever. So I smile and do my best and explain to the GC that T&B is fine, we always pay our bills and make payroll and the size of the job is very small considering what we normally perform. Still, I have to do the remainder of the talking because the individual with me, who thinks I've done nothing but mismanage this business, can't or won't answer questions directed to him. Times like these - I want to be put in a straight jacket and locked in a padded room to protect me from myself. I just don't get anything or anyone anymore. Maybe I'm not meant to. Maybe I shouldn't even give a shit. I like that idea.

Sooo.....the Great Pepper's Meeting is underway! The future GPM's will be held at the Doubletree Hotel in Irving. That's nice - no more traveling...yay!!! There's really nothing to report on, just observations from my husband that I'll withhold comment on until Sunday....LOL!!!

Don't forget that you can donate $1, $3, or $5 at HEB towards the relief effort for the Texas Wildfires!

I'm trying to move on from the insanity of this morning, specifically the meeting I attended. It's just really hard. I don't understand people. I don't understand how someone can look at you, ask you a question, and you not think you should answer it. It just boggles my mind. I think there is a reason I don't own firearms. It's not because I'd kill other people, I think it's because I would end up harming myself. I can't stop the world from being stupid. My only chance at evading it is to get the hell away from it permanently!!!!!

Now to the other end of the spectrum. I am a displaced Catholic. I had to convert to marry my ex husband. I say "had to" because he and his mom were hell bent on a Catholic Church wedding. Needless to say, I went through RCIA and converted and we ended up being married by a Baptist preacher in my parent's backyard. Go figure. Fast forward to this marriage and I'm obviously not in good standing in the Catholic Church. I didn't get the first one annulled, which would be a slam dunk as we were Catholics married outside the Church, and I remarried without one. On top of that, I married someone who had been married and divorced, too. We talked to the Deacon at St. Joseph, where Paige goes to school, and he didn't seem like he wanted to mess with it seeing as how Gary's might be a pain in the ass to annul. As disappointed as I was, I figured it was best to not worry about it. It still bothered me immensely that I couldn't receive Communion in the Catholic Church, but I figured I would get over it. I decided it was still sort of bothering me, but I walked into the Episcopal Church in Oak Lawn five years ago and loved it. Gary soon started going with me and we joined St. Anne's in DeSoto. Paige and Gary were baptised in that Church and we loved it. After we moved, we tried going to the Episcopal Church in Ennis because St. Anne was just too far away. I like it, but they only have one Mass and it's at 10 am. I know, I know, if I was truly devoted, I would make it work. And I accept that, really I do. But, I also think it should also be something that is easy to work into your life as well. I don't believe that I have to go to Church to be a good person or have a relationship with God or even go to Heaven. But I enjoy going. I'm a lover of the rituals, the Saints and everything about the Holy Eucharist. I love celebrating Christianity as a Catholic/Episcopalian. I hate feeling like I don't have a home in which to do it. I can never go back to being a Protestant (Episcopalian is Anglican...not Protestant!!) and I am discouraged by the fact that Gary's marriage seems too difficult to annul by the Catholic Church. I don't like that I can't take Communion as a Catholic and I don't like that I can't find an Episcopal Church nearby that jives with us.

Wow, I sound like a whiny brat!!!

But I don't mean to....I'm not whining...I'm thinking out loud. Do we go through the whole process of trying to get our first marriages annulled so that we can have our marriage recognized by the Catholic Church? Do I just resign myself to 10 am Mass in Ennis...even though I like the Church and have friends there, I just don't really ever feel right in there? Do I start driving back to DeSoto to attend the 7:45 am Mass? Drive to Dallas for the 8 am Mass at St. Matthew? What in the hell do I do? And how can I do this and still be a part of Paige's Catholic experience at St. Joseph the way I want to be? I go to Mass with her from time to time, but it's not the same because it seems incomplete to me. If you can't tell, this REALLY bothers me....LOL!!! Just ask Gary. I told him he was going to hell because he didn't have his marriage annulled before he married me and isn't Catholic. Disclaimer: I was EXTREMELY drunk and yes, I know that makes no sense considering my marriage wasn't annulled, either!!

That's my deep thought/bitch session for today. I'm looking forward to Juicy's Karate tournament tomorrow. I learned how to keep score last night for the sparring matches, so that's going to be fun! Tomorrow night is Hank and I'm ALL OVER THAT!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and enjoys the beautiful weather.

Spreading my own special brand of joy and kindness.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment