Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Conversations With Paige

Paige: Mommy, does Ennis have a jail?
Me: Yes.
Paige: Where is it?
Me: Over there - at the end of the street.
Paige: Oh - have you been in it?
Me: No.
Paige: Do you know what it looks like?
Me: No.
Paige: Does Daddy know what it looks like?
Me: (knowing where this is headed) No!!
Paige: Has Daddy been in that jail?
Me: No, your daddy has not been to that jail.
Paige: You've got to be kidding me!

Even Paige knows her Daddy has a fondness for jails.....LOL!!!!

Paige: Mommy, can I go in that room?
Me: No, it's a bar. (We were at Marsala's waiting on our pizza and they have a separate bar.)
Paige: What's a bar?
Me: It's like the KJT.
Paige: You let me go to the KJT, so why can't I go in there?
Me: Because it's a different kind of bar and you aren't supposed to go in there if you're under 21.
Paige: But I'm only seven and you take me to bars. Isn't that illegal.
Me: Depends on where and not at the KJT.
Paige: But if you take me and the cops see me, they could take me to jail.
Me: No, Paige, they won't take you to jail.
Paige: Okay good, because I don't want to go to kiddie prison.

Gotta love her.....

This morning we were on our way to school and I could see that she was leaning against the window, but she wasn't sleeping. We stopped at a stop sign and I turned around to see what she was doing and to ask for her assignment book. She told me she was "a little obsessed with that and she didn't hear me ask for her book." I had no idea what she was talking about, so I turned around again and she was breathing heavy on the window and drawing smiley faces. WTF??? That's what she was obsessed with.

I'm off to do billings....fun times.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment