Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Dog Days Are (Almost) Over.....

Totally rocking my love for Florence + the Machine these days. And I love that song. It's just so friggin appropriate right now. I've got three days and I just keep singing that song in my head to get me through.

I had a great weekend! Friday was a nice laid back evening with my hubby and then Saturday we worked at the store (thank you Ron Baker!). I had some weird allergy crap going on, so I went home around 3pm and took a nap with my babies. My sister came over that night and I made soup and gave her a Kindle for her early birthday/Christmas present. We watched the Eclipse actor commentary and laughed and then that was our big Saturday night. I had decided not to cook at the Fair Sunday because I still felt kind of crappy. I fixed myself a nice Jack Daniels and Honey hot drink and went to bed. I woke up Sunday feeling fine and said to hell with it, I'm going to go cook! The results are below:

1. Kelly Brignon - YAY!!!!!
2. Tom Dozier
3. Gary Brignon
4. Ray Calhoun - Q'd
5. Ron Barnes
6. Ron Baker
7. TJ Friedel
8. Dusty Hudspeth
9. Mossman
10. Doris Coats

We had 33 chilis and I was sooooo friggin excited when my number was called! I have always wanted to win a blue ribbon at that cook off and this was just the best win ever! I can't wait to hang it up at the Mild Bill's store :)

Don't forget - we're having our Grand Opening celebration Sunday from 3-5 pm. The address is 113 W. Knox Street in downtown Ennis. We'll have snacks and beverages, but feel free to BYOB!

Everyone needs to pick up the latest issue of Texas Monthly. Not only is Miranda Lambert featured in the magazine, but a nice gentlemen from Bosque County wrote into the Editor to add his two cents to a response from a reader who says there is no place for chili in Texas in the summer. The rancher instructed that individual and the rest of Texas Monthly's readers to check out CASI's website so that they could see firsthand how much chili is cooked in Texas in the summer. I thought that was a nice little bit of advertising and hopefully more people (including the CASI Board) will start taking a more aggressive approach to advertising in publications such as Texas Monthly. They seem to take a rather interested and supportive stance of chili cookoffs and CASI in general - I'd like to see us take advantage of that!

My coffee is cold, but that doesn't stop me from mainlining this morning.

I had the most horrific day yesterday. In addition to arguing with the T&B Vinegar Sac most of the day, I ran over a large metal pole with a tarp attached to it and got a flat tire. I was a hysterical mess by the time I walked into Discount Tire. I don't know what set me off more....the shit in the middle of 35 that I couldn't avoid or the DeSoto cop that drove past me when I was clearly on my back halfway under my Expedition trying to extract the large metal pole from my rim and tire. At any rate, the dude at Discount Tire was nice and calm and I was out of there in 30 minutes. Thank God for road hazard certificates!!!

I picked up Paige and met Gary at Chilis. I promptly self medicated with a Xanax and a margarita. When I got home, I took a hydrocodone and went to bed early. I also came to a conclusion regarding the T&BVS - I'm done. I'm finished with being nice, being civil, being cordial, being pleasant. I'M DONE. I can only take so much and when you cross that line with me, there is no going back. I am tired of dealing with someone who has their own convenient version of the facts (when they can even remember them) and I've finally realized that you can't reason with certain people. I have too much to look forward to with Mild Bill's. I don't have to be drug down by this shithole any longer. I made a promise to myself that this chapter of my life was going to be different and it was going to be something that brought me joy. For the first time in my life, I'm doing exactly what I want to do. My rules, my dreams and no one is going to fuck that up for me anymore. I can smile through a lot of bullshit, but I've reached my douchebag limit for now.

Okay, I'll try not to rant anymore.

I also signed up for a PayPal business account that I will be adding to the payment options on the Mild Bill's website - which stays the same. And that got me to thinking about a lot of discussions I've seen on FB about CASI opening up an online store. It seems like there are a lot of members who support this idea and would be willing to help out with it. I sure hope that the Board is serious about their desire to utilize the membership to help achieve goals beneficial to CASI. I think an online store would be fabulous...IMHO.

Me: Paige, do you care if we go to the Hall?
Paige: I thought I couldn't go to bars.
Me: Paige, seriously. Do you care if we swing by the Hall.
Paige: I don't feel like it.
Me: What if I buy you ice cream.
Paige: That's okay then, we can go.

WTF is wrong with this conversation? My kid is telling me whether we can go somewhere? I'm bribing her with ice cream so that I can go to the Hall? That I'm even asking a 7 year old for permission????

This situation is just ripe for CPS involvement, I'm sure.

Gilbert Charlie Robison has turned into one fat Guinea Pig. And, he isn't afraid of Eddie. Last night, Eddie came into Paige's room after we had cleaned Gilbert's cage and Gilbert came right up to the front of the cage and just looked at Eddie. I think Gilbert's got some cajones now :)

I'm going to go now. I have a few things to finish up prior to my Exodus Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow.

Spreading kindness and joy and keeping my DB Shield up at all times.....

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment