Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let's Hump!!!!

Today is Wednesday....the day we all start to feel a little better, have a brighter outlook and focus on the fact that if we just make it through a few more days...it will be the weekend. Praise God!

Paige's Oktoberfest is this Saturday at the Waxahachie Civic Center. Afterwards, five of her BFF's will be coming home with us for a sleepover.

Oh, that reminds me - I need to go to the liquor store. I'm low on booze....

Kidding, kidding!!!!

Seriously, she's sooooo freakin excited and I'm excited for her! She's been looking forward to her friends coming over for a few weeks, so she can hardly contain herself. How bad can six little girls be? I mean, really.....what could they possibly get into?!?!?!?

Paige was up early wanting to get on the "trimmeal". That's treadmill to all of you who aren't fluent in Paige. She stalks me while I'm on it. I was up at 4:30 this morning letting the Muffin out for his early morning potty break and decided to stay up. I'll regret that around 2:00 this afternoon!! I'm loving the treadmill, though. Waylon and Eddie, not so much. They both bark at it, and Waylon attacks it. He's trying to save me from it. No shit!!!

I'm sure a lot of people are anticipating my take on the GPM that took place last weekend. Since I wasn't there, I'm not sure I need to really say anything. Most of my info came from Gary, and his perception is sometimes different from mine. I was pleased that the Board announced the location of the future GPM's (Doubletree Hotel in Irving) and I think it's great that the local Pods will each take on the Hospitality Room each year. I'm glad that Jim Ezell is back on the Board along with Jenny. I hope Glenda and Lee can make a difference. But...a lot of it is same ol, same ol...good, bad or indifferent...that's up to each of us to decide.

One topic I will broach is the epidemic sweeping the North Texas Area - cook offs on top of cook offs. On top of ESTABLISHED cook offs. I know just as well as anyone that sometimes, these things are completely unavoidable. But after a while, even that reason becomes a little suspect when it's the same ones doing it. I think it would be beneficial in Texas to have a 25 cook minimum in an effort to eliminate all of these cook offs being scheduled at the same time. That's just my opinion. I just don't see the advantage to anyone by having a cook off that attracts 15 cooks. I want people to have plenty of opportunities to cook, but I also want the charities to have a positive experience by having a good turnout and in turn, a good financial showing. Oh well....just my opinion. I'll stop there before I offend the masses.

Speaking of offending....MY PANCREAS!!! OMG - I don't know what I did to piss it off, but it has been quite disgusted with me the past several days. I may have to call the one and only Dr. Sami Arslanlar and make an appointment. I had a day last week (Friday) where I binged on bad food, but that's not usually a reason for my pancreas to freak out. I didn't drink a lot of wine, either. One never knows when the pancreas will strike. Just be prepared in case it does, I guess. I ate Jenny Craig food all day Monday and I was still miserable. I had sushi and soup yesterday and felt a little better. I've had coffee and Jenny Craig this morning...so we'll see if I'm through it. Keeping my fingers crossed!! LOL

I'm on day 5 of my OPI Shellac manicure and so far, there have been no chips! They have Linkin Park After Dark, so I got that on my nails and toes...they have to match, you know :) I'm just a tad OCD about that. This is so much better than having fake nails, which I wore for 18 years, and you aren't spending as much money on fills, new sets, etc.

I've been pretty productive the past few days. I ordered invitations for Paige's Halloween party, booked her birthday party at the Planetarium, ordered her Halloween costume and ordered phone service for Mild Bills. The most difficult task of the past day - obtaining a P O Box at the Ennis Post Office. And the Postal Service wonders why it's losing money left and right. The logic (or lack thereof) at that place never ceases to amaze me.

I'm going to run for now. I need to mainline this caffeine and get my ass in gear. I'm still waiting for the endorphins from my 5 am run to kick in. If I don't start getting a kick start from the early morning runs, I'm going to have to 86 this shit!!!!!

Keep it real :)

K

1 comment:

  1. My new obsession is eyelash extensions. Check them out next time I see you. They are freaking awesome. One extention on each of your eyelashes, literally wake up in the morning, brush teeth, brush eyebrows, dress, and put on chapstick. I love it. They're permanent, they last as long as the lifespan of your eyelashes! Love love love

    ReplyDelete