Monday, September 19, 2011

Catching Up......

Wow...what a crazy busy weekend! Friday, I spent the day at the Waxahachie Civic Center helping get set up for St. Joseph Catholic School Oktoberfest. I made the oh so cool sign for the 2nd Grade Plinko game (hahahaha!!) and I contributed a Mild Bill's basket:


Keep us in mind for the holidays!!! Mild Bill's gift baskets are perfect gifts and can be tailored to your needs. They can be as big or as small as you need them to be. I'll have several premade baskets as well as custom orders. And remember...we ship :)


Oktoberfest, from what I can tell, was extremely successful. It was moved from the Ellis Co. Expo Center to the Civic Center because of a scheduling conflict and I think that it was a blessing in disguise. The Civic Center was PACKED! There were so many more people and vendors this year and I think the school made more than they have before. I really hope they did well this year and that we continue to have Oktoberfest at the Civic Center. It's air conditioned - so I think that's a big draw as well. This is Texas after all :)

After my shift in the drink line, it was time to take home six of Paige's girlfriends for her sleepover. OMG - the squealing, the screaming...it was CRAZY!!! They had a Conga line going at one point. They played Twister, played Wii....performed a rain dance that actually worked. I thought I had them down for the night then they caught a case of the giggles and stayed up till midnight - and also had a pillow fight. They had such a good time. There was some typical little girl drama, but all of her friends are so sweet and well behaved. She has a good bunch of classmates.

Paige and I were pretty tired and we overslept this morning. The following conversation ensued as we sat at the train in Garrett:

Me: Paige, I need you to prepare yourself, you are probably going to be late.
Paige: (eyes wide with fear) Oh, no...really?
Me: Yes, I'm sorry....we were so tired and we slept late, and now the train is holding us up. I really wish that we could just go back home and go to bed.
Paige: Well, why can't you just call Mrs. Patsy and tell her that's what we're going to do?
Me: (laughing) Well...that's not really a reason. I had to tell her you were sick last week when you skipped school and you really weren't.
Paige: Oh, I didn't know you had to give her a reason. I just figured you told her because you said so, like what you tell me when you don't have a real reason for me.
Me: Oh Paige.......

Those girls didn't kill me Saturday night....but they wore my ass out!! I was soooo tired yesterday. Paige asked me what was wrong and I told her I was tired and wanted to take a nap. A few hours later she asked me why I wasn't laying down and I told her it was because I had things to do. She told me I should just tell Daddy to do them so that I could take a nap.

Right........

I really wanted to make fried chicken last night, but Gary was in the mood for nachos. (Really??) So I made nachos last night...they were easy and good. I also made some hot wings and bought some of the Tyson Tequila Lime Wings....I love those. Don't have much on the menu for this week as we are getting ready for the BIG MOVE!!!! HELL YEAH!!! I've also got to start planning for Paige's Halloween Party. Her invitations came in on Friday and I've got her Devil costume. I also went batshit crazy at Target Friday. They had TONS of cute Halloween stuff at the Dollar Spot and I picked up some really cute items for decorating and treat bags. I love Halloween :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's Monday and I'm arming myself with caffeine, booze and pills....not necessarily in that order, either.

Keep it real, folks.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment