Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Word to the Wise

The next time you are driving home and you say to yourself, "I'm going to go home and watch DWTS and booze it up", stick to your plan. Don't go home and decide to drag 50 lb bags of potting soil out and plant your tomatoes and peppers. You'll do what I did. The bag of potting soil will overpower your wrist and your wrist will snap like a twig. You will fracture said wrist and tear ligaments.

All because I want to have my own f*cking tomatoes.

Needless to say, I can't type very well, so it's going to be a little quiet on the Western Front for awhile. I'm in a splint/brace and it's kind of ugly. I have no use of my left hand or arm. NOT FUN!!!!! Look at it this way: if anything pisses me off over the next few weeks, I won't be able to blog about it and considering my craptastic memory, I'll forget about it before I can type again :)

Before I go, though, I must go off about something concerning my precious, sweet, kind hearted little girl. There is a bully in her class who terrorizes not only Paige, but other kids as well. His latest assault is on her weight. Paige is very thin - too thin if you ask me. He tells her repeatedly that she's fat; she eats too much; she needs to watch what she eats and she needs to go on a diet. Over the past few months, Paige has asked both Gary and I if she's fat; is she the right size and has started asking if there is fat in her food. She's always loved to talk about "healfy" foods, but this is different. She is actually not eating because she thinks she's fat because this little boy has drilled it in her head. Parents - do not take this shit lightly! Our little ones are little sponges and they absorb everything they hear - good and bad. I don't want my child to have body issues at age seven. I don't want any kid to have those kinds of issues at any age and something has got to give. When did kids become so mean? I love this little boy's mother; but he is kind of a terror. That makes this a difficult talk to have, but I'm going to have it. I don't want any child to think it's okay to say mean things to another child because they think it's funny or okay.

That's my soapbox for today. I'll try to get down without falling. Which by the way, is NOT how I broke my wrist. Yet everyone who knows me seems to think that is the case. I cannot imagine why!!!!!

Keep it real, and in one piece.......

K

No comments:

Post a Comment