Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Parenthood and Other Disasters

Good Morning!! Please say extra prayers for all of the areas affected by the horrible wildfires and the volunteers and firefighters trying to contain them. I can't imagine what that must be like and my heart goes out to everyone dealing with this unbelievable set of circumstances.

My Tuesday is going somewhat better than my Monday, but this was close to the time that I left yesterday to pick up my child. The school called me and told me Paige was throwing up in the bathroom. Gary was still in Ennis, so he picked her up and I met them at HEB since I figured I'd need to get Gatorade and soup for my Juicy. Well....come to find out, she did throw up, but it was of her own making. Seems she got herself in a little pickle over something she had told me, I passed on to the principal, and Ms. Volker had P's teacher check it out. I'm not going to throw my child completely under the bus on the World Wide Web, but I am going to say she learned a very tough lesson yesterday and had to go back to school and apologize to her principal. Paige is grounded and she knows what she did was wrong, but I am so proud of her for looking Ms. Volker in the eye and apologizing for what she did. She's 7 years old and she handled herself like a big girl. This morning she apologized to her teacher and I'm sure after she told Paige that she shouldn't do what she did, she gave her a hug and told her how loved she is.

Yesterday was tough for Paige...and for Gary and I, too! We have such a good kid and to have to really discipline her is hard. I'm not one for public humiliation, but at some point, I feel kids have to learn right from wrong and maybe if the aftermath of their bad decisions is some serious embarrassment and uncomfortable moments, they'll think twice before making crappy decisions in the future. At least I hope Paige does. I want her to know what is and isn't acceptable. I also want her to know that telling the truth is the most important thing you can do as a person. I know yesterday was hard for her, but I think we made the right decision and she's going to come out a little better than before she started. At least I hope :)

She had a better evening, that's for sure. She mowed with Daddy and helped me plant some flowers. She and daddy watered the dogs and she had a good dinner. She's geared up for karate this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to a low key weekend! No traveling, no chili, just staying home and doing a few odds and ends. Next week will be Larry Joe Taylor and I need to rest up!

I was told by a woman yesterday to stop wasting her time trying to collect on an invoice from February. I'm just biding my time until I pick up payment, and then I'm going to go OFF. You know....like how I used to go off on the CASI Directors on my blog. But I may do this to her face....hahahahahaha!!! Or email. Either way, I plan on telling her where to go, how to get there and what she can do once she's there. And no, I don't care if we ever do work for them again.

I'm reading The Lincoln Lawyer right now and I just got to the part where Mickey Haller, the "Lincoln Lawyer" is starting to figure some things out and it is getting GOOD!! I was up past midnight reading and I'm kind of tired today, but it's a very good book. I haven't seen the movie, so if you've seen the movie or read the book, you kind of know what I'm talking about....when he folds the picture of the woman in half and puts it up against the mirror???? Good stuff!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Keepin it real,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment