Thursday, April 14, 2011

Karma and Paige

I love my child. I love that she is whipsmart and quick on the draw. I love that nothing gets past that baby...even if it's from three years ago:

Paige: Mommy, what's that on your hand?
Me: It's a brace for my wrist. I broke it last night.
Paige: Is that why you went to Dr. Redington's office?
Me: Yes; he x-rayed it and one of the bones in my wrist is fractured and mommy tore some ligaments.
Paige: I had an x-ray on my leg when I was four.
Me: Yes, you did.
Paige: My leg was broken, even though they said it wasn't.
Me: Yes, that is correct. The read the x ray wrong.
Paige: And I kept telling you it was broken and that it hurt and you kept telling me it wasn't broken and to walk on it anyways. And I cried. And you still made me walk.
Me: I know and I'm very sorry. I should have listened more carefully to you and not the ignorant doctors at Baylor Waxahachie that are incapable of reading x rays. I've apologized to you and I'm really, really sorry that I did that. I hope we've moved on from this.
Paige: We have; but while your wrist is still broken, don't tell me you can't carry something or pick up something because I'm going to remind you how you told me to stop crying and walk.
Me: Okay Paige....thank you for your sympathy.

Man....no mercy from The Juicy of Love and Deliciousness. NONE!!! She's a tough cookie I tell you!

My wrist is still killing me and this stupid brace is a pain in the ass! I can't work or do anything with it. It's hard to drive with it, too. I hope it's not hard to drink and party this weekend...hahahahaha!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck if you are cooking chili. If you've never been to Ladies State, it is one of the funnest cook offs around. It's one of Gary's faves - a lot of the men love it more than Mens State :) Even though they can't cook, they have a great time.

I was kind of wondering something about CASI. How come we don't have an online store via the website that allows people to purchase CASI and Terlingua items year round?? Just think of some of the revenue that could be generated for the Scholarship Fund, the TICC general fund, or other operational costs. I bet there are a few board members out there that would love to see something like that come to fruition. We already have PayPal set up for membership renewals....why the heck not??

I also wonder if the Board would consider sending the Trails to City Chamber of Commerce's electronically. It wouldn't be that difficult to locate email addresses for these entities and send out the Trails. The Trails is full of so much information about CASI cook offs and what we do as a whole....why not use the Internet to send out copies so that CASI can reach local people who might not know who we are? Chambers are excellent sources of advertising and anything they can use to encourage people to come to their cities and ultimately increase their revenues is going to have a positive impact on CASI and cook off participation. Even if CASI started out by emailing 50 copies of the Trails, any feedback or recognition would be a positive start. You never know what will happen when you get your name out there.

Have a great Thursday and be safe if you're headed to Seguin. Watch out for that crazy Austin traffic!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment