Monday, April 4, 2011

Good Afternoon!!

Well, here it is again...Monday. The overachieving, never fails to show up on time MONDAY! I don't know about you, but I could have used a few extra days in my weekend! I was busy, busy, busy, but didn't get a damn thing done. I hate that kind of weekend....it's too similar to my workdays!!

Friday night we headed to Oklahoma to pick up my new trailer. We spent the night at my uncle's house and headed to Broken Arrow Saturday morning. I am IN LOVE with my new trailer. I bought a 1970 Scotty HiLander in AMAZING condition...front dinette, full size bed, potty closet (SCORE!!), and a bunk. Everything is original and works and I'm just tickled pink! Since I sold the other Scotty, I've named this one Pussywillow Rose and will be decorating her in a vintage cowgirl theme with lots of fru-fru frilliness....so unlike me, of course! I'm just so excited about it! Gary moved all of my trailers to the back of the property yesterday and lined them up out in the bluebonnets!!

Speaking of bluebonnets: I welcome everyone to head to Crisp and Bristol and enjoy all of the bluebonnets along FM 660. What I would like to stress, however, is if you are driving the backroads looking at the bluebonnets, please drive the friggin speed limit! I almost ran up the ass end of a few tourists and I was none too pleased :) I guess I'm just used to seeing them...oh well. Aaahh...and speaking of Bristol, Gary and I both had Sushi from the Bristol Store on Saturday and it was fantastic! I had him get me a Rattlesnake roll (tuna, jalapeno, avocado and cream cheese) and he got a Bristol roll (tuna, salmon, avocado, cucumber) along with eel and salmon. It was sooo good! So were the two bottles of wine we drank with it. I opened up a 2008 Seghesio Zinfandel that was absolutely perfect! After I opened it up, I started perusing our wine stock and we're getting a little low. Gary brought Woodbridge Pinot Noir home from Men's State that I need to get in the house. I think it's still out in the toy hauler.

Our wood floors were installed Friday in our bedroom and I'm so happy!!!! It's very loud in there right now, but I am so glad to be rid of the carpet!!! Waylon is a little out of sorts because the wood is sort of uncomfortable for him and he can't flop over and show his muff. I'll need to get a rug so that he doesn't hurt himself :) Paige asked Waylon to show his muff Friday night at my uncle's house and everyone was like, "What??" I had to explain to everyone that we call him "muffin", "muff" for short and when he's rolls on his back...well, you get the point. I also had to explain how there really is no filter in our home and as a result, my child says things that sound way worse to unsuspecting adults than they really are. Fortunately, my family is pretty much just like me, filterless, couthless, and laid back, so once the intent was established, everyone was like, "oh, ok...gotcha." I guess there are benefits to growing up in a non-repressed family.

Except for one thing: my mother's, shall we say, recollection of my childhood and her involvement in said childhood. Apparently, I'm only allowed to share the "nice stories" with Paige. Therefore, when I tell my child about riding from one aunt's house to another's in the back of my parent's truck (it had a camper) laying on a mattress and being scolded anytime we knocked on the window to ask how much longer, are we there yet, or God forbid, can we stop and pee, my mom refuses to confirm these memories. Instead, she tells Paige I'm making up stories and not to believe me. WHAT THE HELL, mom???? And of course, the Juicy believes her Gammy....LOL!!! Courtney and I got a real good laugh out of this latest denial....LOL!!!

Yesterday morning, I made banana blueberry pancakes. Paige won't eat blueberries, so she had plain pancakes. Here is my basic pancake recipe and the measurements for the blueberries and bananas should you want to add them.

Cadillac Cowgirl Pancakes

2 Cups Baking Mix
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Melted Butter

Mix the above ingredients in a large bowl. Using a large skillet or griddle, heat the surface to 350 degrees. I use a griddle and spray it with Pam just to be on the safe side! When you're ready to start flippin flapjacks, take a ladle and filling it 1/2 full, use it to pour the batter on to the skillet or griddle. Once bubbles start forming and the edges are set, flip the pancakes and cook until golden on both sides. Serve with butter and maple syrup!

To make Cadillac Cowgirl Blueberry Banana pancakes, add 1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries and one cut up banana to the batter. Prepare the same way you would the regular pancakes. You can also use strawberries, apples or blackberries in place of the blueberries and/or bananas. Experiment and find the combination you like best! I also like to top the pancakes with blueberries and bananas as well :)

I've got a frittata to make this week as well as tweaking my Enchilada gravy. I've got irises blooming finally!! It took two years, but the irises planted along one wall of the house are in bloom - gorgeous peach and yellow colored blooms! My purple irises also bloomed and I'm just waiting on my heirloom irises to come up and I'll be a happy girl. I need to get an Easter lily for this house, though. I didn't bring the one from the last house. I thought that would be kind of tacky. I did, however, exclude the heirloom irises and daylilies from the sale of the house....LOL!!! Hey...bulbs are serious shizzle, people!

Make it a great day....I know I'm going to try!!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment