Monday, February 22, 2010

Ugh.....Monday

WARNING: This blog is going to start out pretty typical, but I'm pissed and I'm uncensored. If F Bombs and aggression offend you, I'd recommend that you stop reading after the Texas Open portion of the blog. Thank you...I plan to return to my kinder, gentler way of communicating tomorrow :)

Hello....it's Monday. My least favorite day of the week. I could skip Mondays, and my Tuesdays would undoubtedly suck as well. On the bright side, there was very little drama at the house this morning and P made it to school early. Sometimes I slow down just enough so that she can hop out of the car and run into the school. Not this morning...we were organized and prompt. That will probably never happen again.

Okay, I've got a few recipes that I'll post this evening. I made some incredible salmon patties Friday night - they were delicious and easy. Last night I served blue cheese rib eyes, asparagus with mushrooms and French peas in honor of Gary's 2nd place finish at Texas Open on Saturday. I'll post everything this evening. I left my notes at home. Give me a break...I got my kid to school on time...jeez ;o)!!!!

Texas Open. That was a really fun cook off and the Houston Pod did an outstanding job with the judging, registration and the cook off as a whole. Gary and I will definitely hit that one again. Maybe next time I can place...instead of going into the first trash can on the right. That hasn't happened to me in a very long time and it was pretty depressing. Oh well...my man finished 2nd out of 142 cooks, my chilichild Tom placed 3rd (they were tied...LOL) and both of my girls placed in Juniors. Paige got 5th and Zoe got 7th. I was so proud of all of them.

The Juniors cook in a separate area from the CASI cooks. I was a little nervous about that at first because most of ya'll know how I am with Paige...I have to see her AT ALL TIMES!!! She was with her Sissy and Peggy Bocanegra and Micheal Mayorga were absolutely amazing and deserve big cocktails for helping all 12 juniors. It was nice that the girls were able to cook on their own. Paige had a few meltdowns and Mommy started drinking earlier than usual, but we made it through the day. Michael and Peggy helped the kids light their stoves, tweak their chili, follow their instructions, etc. It was a really great experience for both of the girls. I'd like to apologize via the blogosphere for Paige's numerous meltdowns. You see, there was sand...and that baby just wanted to play. Poor P....she wanted to cook, but she wanted to play more. All was okay when her number was called. And guess what - that leads me right into my bitch session for the day.

Soooo....people think my girls, especially Paige, don't cook their own chili. Well, assholes, I guess they do because they both placed and I wasn't with them. And furthermore, if you have something to say, have the balls to say it to me...or Gary. I help those girls just as much as I help their dad, or our chili friends that ask, "Is my meat done? Do I need any salt? How's my heat?" If that is cooking my kid's chili, then I guess I'm guilty...and we're ALL guilty of cooking each other's chili because most of us ask those exact same questions. I mean, seriously. Is this really all you people have time to do? Hell, most of you bitching don't even have juniors that cook. Get a life, people. It's fucking chili here, not brain surgery. Why wouldn't we help the juniors that are learning how to cook? There is a difference between cooking someones chili and teaching or guiding someone. Do you think those girls lit their own stoves? No - the ADULTS overseeing them lit them. Do you think they drained their own grease? NO - in fact, we were told to come help them do it. So, was I cooking my girl's chili when I was draining their meat or lighting their stoves? Were Peggy or Michael cooking their chili when they were helping them tweak with salt...just liked they helped ALL of those kids? You people should be ashamed of yourselves. They're kids for fucks sake. Get a life.

This is what I'm talking about: people are too busy bitching about petty bullshit and don't want to work together and concentrate on the real issues that face CASI. Is my involvement in my daughters' pot of chili really screwing CASI? Come on people...get over yourselves. You're making me, and my kids, way too important....and your taking yourselves waaaaaaay too seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Blog Archive