Sunday, February 7, 2010

Great Weekend

What a GREAT weekend! I have to start off by thanking all of the chili cooks, monitors, judging and tally crew as well as The Gingerbread House volunteers and sponsors. Without the help of so many wonderful people, our cook off wouldn't have been such a success! Thank you again to everyone - your support is invaluable! How about some results????

Friday Night NOW Pod No Frills CCO

39 Chilis
1. Ron Baker (Q)
2. Gary Brignon
3. Angie Anderson
4. Mark Sanders
5. Courtney Bowden
6. Rosa Gonzales Johnston
7. Bonnie Loxterman
8. Beth Moon
9. Kelly Brignon
10. Jimmy Johnston

Show
1. Hard Hat Chili - Darrell Baxter
2. Telico VFD - Retha Pechal
3. Dr. Ray - Ray Calhoun


Saturday 9th Annual Gingerbread House CCO

61 Chilis
1. Kelly Brignon (Q)
2. Patrick Sullivan
3. Karen Bowden
4. Toni Bowman
5. Tina Barnes
6. Rosa Gonzales Johnston
7. Ray Calhoun
8. Roger Foltz
9. Greg Goodwin
10. Jimmy Johnston

Show
1. Telico VFD - Retha Pechal
2. Hard Hat Chili - Darrell Baxter(Q)
3. The 3 Knuckleheads - Terry Skipper

Beans

19 Beans
1. Mark Sanders
2. Vicki Sanders
3. Tina Barnes

Junior Chili
19 Chilis

1. Paige Brignon
2. Mackenzie Fieseler
3. Blake Sexton
4. Kelsey Dozier
5. Zoe Brignon
6. Casey Carney
7. Ty Kriska
8. Mykala Burton
9. Jacob Bunch
10. Kelsy Medlin

Sunday 9th Annual Cotton Patch CCO
21 Chilis

1. Ray Calhoun
2. Tom Dozier
3. Courtney Bowden
4. Dee Palmer
5. Rosa Gonzales Johnston
6. Gary Brignon
7. Karen Bowden
8. Bonnie Loxterman
9. Toni Bowman
10. Paul Seastrunk

Show
1. Telico VFD - Retha Pechal (Q)
2. Lair of the Fox - Toni Bowman
3. Dr. Ray - Ray Calhoun

We had a great time this weekend. The NOW Pod hosted a stew and cornbread dinner for the cooks Friday night and The Gingerbread House provided the cold beverages. Once again the mechanial bull was in full swing and both chiliheads and chili kids had a great time doing their best Urban Cowboy impressions! All of the cooks received free admission to the Benefit Barn Dance Saturday night and some even dined on prime rib with all the trimmings. Gary and I sponsored a table for the benefit and we had a great dinner with family and friends. Due to the heater issue in our motorhome, I packed up my dog and one of the kiddos and went home to a warm house, hot shower and very cozy bed! Paige went to Gammy's!!! (Suprise, Suprise!)

Congrats to everyone who placed this weekend. When Paige's number was called for First Place yesterday, I thought to myself, "Okay - my weekend is complete!" I placed Friday night and that was plenty for me. I was so happy that she not only placed, but won. She LOVES cooking chili with Zoe and I am so proud of my girls. They are great chili cooks and more importantly, they're gracious whether they win or lose. I couldn't be more happy for both of them....and P's BFF, Mackenzie - she got 2nd...and yesterday was her first time to cook!! I was soooo suprised when my number was called Saturday afternoon. I was so shocked! If there is a stove for
1st place, I can usually guarantee I won't win!! I couldn't believe I finally won a Wendell Rankin stove. And...I am the owner of the NOW Pod Traveling Trophy until Feb 2011. I'm a lucky lady...1st Place, a stove, an apron, the Traveling Trophy AND I qualified!!!

I'm off to watch the Super Bowl....Geaux Saints!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment





Blog Archive