Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cadillac Cowgirl Salmon Patties

I'm really proud of these little suckers - they turned out soooo good and they're soooo easy! They aren't completely carb free, though, but certainly can be by omitting the bread crumbs. Enjoy!!!

2 Eggs
12 oz Salmon (I used Costco's Sockeye Salmon. They sell a 4 pack of 4 oz cans)
1/2 C Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 C Chopped Red Onion
1/2 Tsp Horseradish
1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

Mix all of your ingredients together in a large bowl and shape into patties. You should be able to get six patties, all about the size of your palm. In a large skillet, heat the two tablespoon of veggie oil over high heat. Once the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the salmon patties. Cook on each side until brown, but not burnt (that's a recurring disclaimer in all of my recipes!!). Keep warm on paper towels until ready to serve. You can serve these with tartar sauce or make your own. Jeannie just told me that sour cream makes a great dip. You could add a little dill and lemon juice to the sour cream, also. If you need to make it carb free, just omit the bread crumbs. They'll be a little fragile, so let them cook a little longer on each side at a lower temp to make sure they're good and set before you try flipping them.

I'm not ready to post my ribeye recipe. I need to make them again and write down the exact times, etc before I post. I know Gary is going to be really pissed that he's eating ribeyes again this week. The peas and asparagus recipes will be posted at that time as well.

One last thing regarding my tirade yesterday. I left out the most important point that I should have brought up when I was venting. When you say those kids don't cook their chili, and not just mine, but all kids, you are taking away from their joy and pride at accomplishing something. Hand out an award to one of those kids when their number has been called and you'll see what I'm talking about. To suggest that they didn't work hard for what they achieved is wrong on so many levels.

I received the minutes from the winter Board meeting along with the balance sheet. All I can say is LOOK OUT!!!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment





Blog Archive