Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update

Hello there....did everyone survive the "Arctic Blast"? Suprisingly, Paige did not have school today. After initially delaying classes 2 hours, her school went ahead and closed for the day. It's not too bad now, but it sure is cold.

I have the turkey meatloaf pics and recipe ready to post. I hope to do that when I get home since I left the info on my counter :). I experimented a little and I really liked the results - I think you will, too. Tonight I'm also going to work on a pot of chili to post tomorrow.

I wanted to share my favorite wines with all of you. I love wine...love, love, love wine and fortunately, my hubby shares that love with me! These are in no particular order and tend to run towards the red variety. Take a chance and try one of them...you won't be disappointed!!

1. Seghesio Rockpile Zinfandel (you can find this DELICIOUS Zin at Tom Thumb. They also have a website - www.seghesio.com). This is a really great Zinfandel. It's not dry and if you let it sit open for about 20 minutes, it will really open up and have more of a jammy Cabernet quality.)

2. Mauritson Rockpile Ridge Zinfandel (uuhh...yes...another Zinfandel :). We have this wine at Pappas Steakhouse or we order it from their website as well - www.mauritsonwines.com. It's a lot like the Seghesio, but they have different selections of the Zinfandel. Jack's Cabin, Rockpile Ridge, and Cemetary Ridge. The Cemetary Zin is my favorite. It's very rich and fruity.)

3. Llano Estacado Reisling This is by far my favorite white wine and the best Reisling I've tried. Some Reislings are dry, but this is perfect...not too tart, not too sweet. I love it and besides - it's from Texas. Yee Haw!!

4. Penfolds Shiraz/Cabernet There are a few variations of their Shiraz/Cab blend and they are all good. You can buy Penfolds just about anywhere and it's super affordable. I like the Bin 128 bottle. It's also a well balanced red wine that isn't too dry or acidic. It's got that big juicy Cabernet feel to it, with the lighter finish of a Shiraz.

5. Chillable Red HELL YEAH!!! I bet ya'll thought this was going to be some sort of high class wine list. WRONG!!! I keep boxed Chillable Red and Crisp White in my fridge and I LOVE IT!!! I love Marsalas in Ennis cause they rock the box wine. You can buy it at Wal Mart or HEB and it never goes bad. There is nothing funnier than hauling out a bunch of wine boxes on trash day. Box wine is so versatile. You can put ice in it....7 Up, Diet Cherry 7 up, Sparkling Lime or Lemon water. It's the official drink of the Pink Sirens :-)

I hope everyone stays warms and if you stayed at home today due to the "Arctic Blast" I hope you enjoyed a lazy day of coffee, naps and guilty pleasure tv shows, and a big girl glass of Chillable Red :~D!!

Stay warm :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment