Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year.....Old Resolutions

I don't know about you....but the whole resolution thing is just an exercise in futility for me. I try my best to start off the new year right...but it only takes one day of dealing with imbeciles, a cranky six year old (or anything I deem challenging) to knock me off the path to renewed physical, emotional and spiritual enlightment. WTF??? Where did that come from and why am I so philosophical all of a sudden? I see it like this - if I'm going to be healthier, the Monday immediately following a two week bender of holiday food and wine is not going to be the day to do it. And getting to church the first Sunday of January - not going to happen. And being nicer....nope, not a chance. You have to want to be different...and not just because it's a new year. That just seems so lame and overblown to me. Did I eat soup for lunch today? Yes. Did I purchase veggies and fish at Wal Mart in the thriving metropolis of Ennis yesterday? Absolutely. Can I make a go of being a better person simply because it's January 4, 2010? Probably not. I don't know if my improved behavior will last through the week...we have a chili cook off coming up and I do tend to "enjoy myself" at these events! I've had 36 years to get my shit together....I doubt this is the year I do it. I'll try nonetheless, but I won't be disappointed when it all goes to hell in a handbasket :-)

I'm sitting here at my desk watching my husband hold my dog like a baby and talk to him like a baby. It's so sad....and Eddie, my miniature dachshund, is eating it up. I got to the office early this morning and it seems later than 1:00 pm. I don't have to worry about dinner - we are having left over salmon and salad. I don't have a good salad dressing to go with it, though. That may require another trip to the grocery store. Wal Mart's frozen fish selection sucks ass, so a trip to Costco is also in my future. I try to avoid the Waxahachie HEB since they remodeled it...it's a clusterfuck. I refuse to cop to dieting, but considering my pancreas is hanging on by a thread, I will be detoxing and eating "clean" for the next month in an effort to give my craptastic pancreas a break from all of the wine and red meat I enjoy consuming. I will let everyone know how I do....or don't do on this assignment. I've got to run....Eddie has found a wire to chew on.

1 comment: