Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye City Girl

I love Tractor Supply. I grew up in Irving and and we didn't have one...there may not even be one in Irving now. Anyways - it's one of my favorite places to shop. I saw a coffee mug around Christmas time; it said "I'd rather be dumped by a horse than a man!" I told myself I'd wait for it to go on sale...it did and I bought it! Every time I got to TS, I realize how far I've come. I am (was) a city girl through and through. When I first married my husband, we lived in Ferris and the grocery store in town was no Tom Thumb. I freaked out one day at the dirty veggies. My husband was disgusted with me. I told him I was used to the fruit and veggies being shiny...he said they're probably dirty because a farmer brought them to David's from the garden. Oh....huh....I see..... And so my journey from city girl to somewhat country girl had begun. From Ferris we moved to Waxahachie...much larger town, but we lived in a subdivision in the middle of a cornfield. There I could shop at HEB and I was in love! And - TRACTOR SUPPLY!!!! I bought Christmas presents there, dog food, toys for Paige...it was great. I loved living in Waxahachie because we were out in our own little area, but close to town. Then, five years later, we decided to move out of our house. We had outgrown it. We wanted more space (read: no neighbors). So it began...our search for the perfect house. You know what I'm talking about too....you've said it..."I'm never moving again." (Yeah Right!) We couldn't find anything we agreed on and in the meantime, our house sold and we had a month to get out. We moved all of our stuff into storage and moved into our motorhome. We, in our infitinite wisdom, decided to build instead of buy a house only one of us (me..and no I'm not bitter!) liked. We found land and our road doesn't even appear on a lot of Mapsco's and GPS Systems. We are out in the country. I'm still adjusting to how long it takes me to get P to school, get to work, etc. I was used to being 10 minutes from her school and 30 minutes from the office. Now I'm 30 minutes from her school and an hour from the office! Instead of listening to cars, I listen to coyotes, cows and jackasses. Our dogs love it and really, I do too. We built a beautiful house - it's exactly what we wanted and I got my see through fireplace between the kitchen and living room. We have lots of room and we even have neighbors. Nice redneck types - just like us. I sometimes wonder if I was meant to live this life or if I just adapted to it really well. We are nowhere near Waxahachie, or Dallas for that matter, and it's nice. We live outside of Ennis and it's a much more laid back town...we love it. And the Tractor Supply in Ennis...it Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment