Saturday, November 10, 2012

99 Problems and a Field Trip Ain't One

Paige is convinced that her class will be going on 99 field trips this year. They went on one Friday and on her way to school she told me that after this one they'd have 98 left. Its really hard to get an idea out of her head once its in there, so I've just learned to let it go. Either she'll figure it out or she won't. Paige has bigger issues these days. I don't know how else to explain it, but I think aliens came into her room one night and sucked all of the math knowledge out of her head. It has been a ROUGH month of 3rd grade homework. ROUGH. I dont know what has happened to my little math whiz, but over the past few weeks she's forgotten about borrowing, money and simple addition. Her teacher and I are working with her, but it's hard to help someone who can't even tell you why they think the completely off the wall answer they're giving you is right. It makes me want to down a bottle of wine and we all know how much I hate drinking :) I've also caught Paige sleepwalking again. She's done it twice this week. The kid is wide awake (but not really) and will carry on a conversation with me while she tries to get in bed in our PANTRY! What the ???? Poor baby, but its pretty damn funny at the same time. We've had to get back in the habit of setting the alarm each night just in case she tries to wander out of the house! I'm blogging from my brand new Nook :) I killed my Kindle beating the shit out of Gary with it while he was snoring :( Apparently there are places that will fix your dead Kindle, so I'm hanging on to it in hopes of having it repaired. I'm not advocating beating the shit out of your sleeping partner, but in my case, I'd simply had enough. I couldn't go to sleep and his snoring could be heard over Radiohead and through my earplugs. It was awful. It's still awful. He won't shut up. Now that I have a Nook tablet to blog from, I'll be able to do so more often! Thanksgiving recipes are being devised as I type. I know I'll have some good ones to share. I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is Day Two of my canning extravaganza ;) Keep it real....... K

No comments:

Post a Comment