Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cadillac Cowgirl Cheeseburger Casserole

Good Morning!!! 

It's getting close to Thanksgiving!  My Honey Baked Ham will be here today and I'm going to start brining our turkey tomorrow.  Lots of good food on the menu and I'm going to try a new Mac and Cheese recipe.  I'll be sure to share if it's a success.  I am also going to spice up my pea salad with a little jalapeno relish this year.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before....maybe it's the copious amounts of wine I consume while preparing the Thanksgiving meal that sometimes clouds my thinking skills.

Last night I made Cheeseburger Casserole.  I haven't made it in forever and when I used to make it, there was never enough, so I decided to double it.  I also made it better by adding a few Mild Bill's products to it.  Duh!!  I think it came out great and it's really easy to make, adapt for your tastes and double or triple if needed.  Check it out:

Cadillac Cowgirl Cheeseburger Casserole

2 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 onion, diced fine
1/2 bell pepper, diced fine
1 Tbsp Mild Bill's Budda Burger Seasoning
1 Tbsp Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix
8 oz sour cream
2 tubes refrigerated Crescent Rolls
2 cups shredded Velveeta or American Cheese

Preheat the oven to 375.  In large skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper over medium heat until they both start to soften; add the ground meat and cook until the meat is done and the onion and bell pepper are completely soft.  Drain if necessary (usually don't need to with lean ground beef and/or turkey) and allow to cool slightly.  In the meantime, spray a 13x9 casserole dish with non stick spray.  Unroll the crescent rolls, keeping them in large strips, and lay them out in the baking dish.  Carefully push them up the sides as you are creating a bottom crust.  It's okay if some of it overlaps and make sure there are no gaps.  Place in the oven for about 10 minutes so that it can prebake.  While that is cooking, combine the Budda Burger Seasoning, Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix and sour cream with the beef mixture in either the skillet you used or a large bowl; taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary.  Remove the prebaked crescent roll dish from the oven, pour the meat and sour cream mixture over the crescent roll crust and top with grated cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Be careful not to burn the edges of crescent roll crust - you can always wrap the edges in foil if needed in order to cook it a little longer to melt the cheese.  Serve with a multitude of potential side dishes and enjoy :)

I've done something to my back.  And this is not related to my drunken fall out of my bed prior to Terlingua.  That impacted my ass and tailbone only and this is completely different.  It also predates my drunken fall.  That my mother witnessed.  I've probably just shamed her even more for telling people that she was there when it happened.  Sorry....I had a little too much wine :)  Anyways, my back is effing killing me and I really don't know what else to do besides what I've been doing - self medicating on booze and pills.  Paige and I are skipping the Turkey Trot this year because there is just no way I can do it.  I don't want to go to a back doctor because I don't want someone cutting on me and I'm not big on chiropractors.  I think this is the perfect time to book a massage!  Don't ya'll?

How about all of the Mild Bill's customers kicking ass last weekend?  Wow!!!  So many friends and customers racking up points at the various cook offs.  I love, love, love it!!!

Anyone can put flowers in a vase and sell them.  Doesn't make them a florist.

Wow...that was a random!!!

Paige is obsessed with aliens.  She doesn't believe they exist, but she is constantly watching alien videos on the internet, movies, etc., looking for proof.  Well, Saturday morning, she decided to scare PawPaw by donning an alien mask she had made and waking him up while she was wearing it.  Problem is, PawPaw thinks aliens are pretty cool, so Paige didn't know quite how to respond when not only was PawPaw not scared, but wanted her to take him to her leader!  Oh Paige.....never a dull moment.  She had money on a Walmart gift card, so she bought a scooter.  She rides it constantly.  She was riding it in the house Sunday night a wiped out in the kitchen.  It was pretty funny.  She didn't hurt herself, that's why it was funny.  If she had hurt herself, I would have checked on her and then thought it was funny.  Hey, what can I say?  We're a tough crowd in Ellis County!

Be sure and check out the website for all of our new products - Bob Coats Championship Chili, EC Special (Hell Yeah!), Mild Bill's Chili Magic, Spice Mistress BBQ Rub and Terlingua Sunrise Jelly. 

Spreading my own special brand of kindness, joy, passive aggressive behavior (more passive these days....ruins all the fun) and the unmistakable aroma of fresh, cooler kept spices......

The Spice Mistress

No comments:

Post a Comment