Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Well....It Wasn't Chicken With Gnocchi Dumplings...But It Was Still Good!!!!!

I ended up roasting rainbow trout for dinner last night and serving it with couscous and cucumber salad. It was absolutely delicious. I bought the couscous and salad already made from Central Market, but it could be easily duplicated at home. I normally cook trout in a cast iron skillet, or on the grill with a cedar plank. I thought about roasting it last night for kicks and it turned out AMAZINGLY well! Below is the recipe and it's not rocket science or exact measurements, either. It's simple, easy to follow and of course, easy to modify to suit your tastes :)

Cadillac Cowgirl Oven Roasted Rainbow Trout

3 Rainbow Trout filets (they're normally all about the same size and weight...usually 6-8 inches long)
Olive Oil
Salt
Lemon Pepper seasoning (I use Obie-Que)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with non stick spray and lay the filets on top. Drizzle each filet with olive oil and then sprinkle the salt and lemon pepper seasoning over each trout filet. Roast in the oven on the top rack for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. Adjust seasonings to taste if desired.

I have the most delicious champagne tomatoes growing on one of my tomato plants, so I drizzled olive oil, salt and pepper over them as well and roasted them alongside the trout. DELICIOUS!!!



I am a lover of the couscous and Central Market had feta and chive couscous already made and ready for me to take home :) Same with the cucumber salad. However, if you wanted to make either of these sides at home, they're super easy. Buy a box of the Near East Couscous (plain, Parmesan or garlic herb), prepare it according to the directions (literally takes 5 minutes - easiest side dish ever) and add anything to it that you want - chopped tomatoes, green onions, feta or goat cheese...you get the idea. Serve it warm or cold, like a salad. Same with the cucumber salad....chop up cukes, tomatoes and a red onion. Drizzle olive oil and red wine vinegar over the top, season with salt and pepper and you're done! These are my favorite kind of dinners!!

My daughter was blowing kisses to the boys as we left school yesterday. Please pray for me and Lord Brignon.

Speaking of Lord Brignon, he left at 4 am this morning and the dogs would not stop barking. I'm exhausted. So is Paige. She was late for school. We just couldn't get it going this morning.

So.....the CASI board has four open spots for this year's elections. I haven't heard anyone announce that they're running....hhhmmm......

TOT is this weekend. We'll be there Saturday for sure. I see myself going home Saturday evening and sleeping in Sunday morning. That just sounds so good :)

Have a fantastic Tuesday. I pre-ordered the new Hank III CD last week and was able to enjoy it this morning via iTunes. I love him. He needs to hurry up and go back on tour so that I can properly stalk him!!!

Keepin it real....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment