Monday, May 16, 2011

Greetings...and Conversations with Paige!

Good Morning - how was every one's weekend? Ours was busy and fun - just a girls' weekend while daddy was deep sea fishing in Florida. Gary caught a 7 lb nurse shark, lots of grouper and some smaller sharks...is it sharks or shark or even sharki?? Anyways - he had a blast and ate all sorts of delicious food while he was gone. He felt the need to send me pictures of oysters on the half shell, conch fritters, fried scallops and pineapple glazed sea bass. I ate Taco Cabana, and Dominos, and Dairy Queen this weekend....LOL! Actually, Courtney (aka Hard Cock) and I sat outside on the patio at La Calle Dolce Saturday (freezing our asses off) and sharing ceviche, shrimp quesadillas and seafood fondue. It was FANTASTIC!! I took Paige to a birthday party Saturday at the Trinity Audubon Park and had a great time. We took a little nature hike and nature reared it's ugly head in the form of allergy attacks for quite a few of us. I was hacking and sneezing Saturday afternoon. I had to dope up on Benadryl which made me loopy the rest of the evening...well...loopier than usual.

Soo....Friday night I was doing some laundry and I asked Paige to bring me some hangers. She brought a bunch of mangled, tangled hangers to the laundry room and dropped them on the floor. I said, "Hey - pick those up and hand them to me as I need them." She sighed ever so loudly and dropped to the floor to begin the difficult and strenuous task of handing hangers to her mommy. The following conversation place:

Paige: I'm having back pains tonight and helping you really hurts my back.
Me: Uuuhh...but you aren't doing anything other than handing me hangers and that has nothing to do with your back.
Paige: Well, I just don't care for this kind of work.
Me: (laughing) I'm sorry...but it's just one of those things you have to do. I don't like laundry, either. It sucks; but, if you'll help me, we'll get done faster and can get in bed and watch the Upside Down Show.
Paige: (Sighing heavily) I think I'll just dust.

She picks up the duster and starts dusting the wet clothes that I'm hanging up, the countertop in the laundry room and her face. I just looked at her.

Me: Paige, I'm going to have a hard time marrying you off if you don't pick it up in the housework department.
Paige: No you're not. I've talked to Sheldon and he told me that if I married him, then he would do all of the housework and I could just be his wife. Then I won't have back problems all the time.
Me: Well, I hope your marriage to Sheldon turns out the way you two have planned it. But, in the meantime, you're going to help mommy!!!

Paige had Field Day on Friday and I thought for sure she'd be worn out and pass out when we got home. Nope - she was still full of energy. After I spent two hours cleaning my floors, I sat outside on the front porch and drank a glass of Sangria. She came outside in her t-shirt, panties and socks and asked me if she could ride her bike. I said sure, but the garage door was shut and she didn't want to go in and open it. So, she decided she would just run. And run she did...up and down the driveway in her t shirt, socks and panties. Classy.

I went shopping for my trailer yesterday with a friend who also has a trailer. We were looking for bedding and trying to get our "vision" for our trailers. It took two false positives on a quilt before I finally reconciled with my "inner girl" and ended up buy a Shabby Chic duvet cover. I can still use cowhide and old western decor to go along with the Shabby Chic bedding and my trailer vision is beginning to come together. I had settled on leaving the wood interior alone, but now I'm thinking that I might just have to sand it and paint it in a distressed wood theme. I know I'm going to replace my countertop and I'm going to put a copper bowl or apron sink in for the existing sink. Once I get going on what I want to do on the inside, I'm fine. It's just getting there that's so hard for me. I have ZERO interior design skills whatsoever. My house is a study in brown, white and black. The only color in my living room is the red on the Texas Flag that is framed and hanging on the wall. I am so color scared it's laughable. I am frightened by color. Brown makes me happy. I don't want to basically recreate my house inside my trailer, so I'm going to step outside of my comfort zone and decorate it a girly, shabby chic interior that is probably going to lead me to question who I am as a person. That sounds a little overboard and dramatic, but it's pretty close to how I feel about decorating with color, flowers and girly shizz. But hey - aren't we supposed to think outside of our box every now and then?

I bought a package of potato gnocchi and I'm going to fix it with chicken either tonight or tomorrow night. I've got kind of a creamy white wine over chicken and gnocchi dish in mind...so I'll experiment and see how it turns out. I've also got little champagne tomatoes that are ripe on the vine, so that might be a nice addition to it as well. I also remember eating a pork dish several years ago that had dumplings and cabbage - not all mixed together, of course, that would be gross. Anyways, got distracted there - it was a pork loin with gravy served over the little gnocchi dumplings and it came with a side of cabbage that had been cooked with onions and bacon. I remember how good that was...so that might be something to try also. We also have to get the toyhauler ready for TOT this weekend, Pod meeting tomorrow night, Spring Program for P's school Wednesday night and try and sleep, work, mix spices and go to Karate between all of this craziness as well! I am soooo ready for summer!

So, now I hear John Goforth is not going to seek re-election to the CASI Board. That makes four directors leaving the BOD. Wow.....any idea if anyone has decided to run this year? This is going to be a very, very interesting GPM in September. I'm so thankful I'm not going!!!!

I hope every one's Monday doesn't turn into the typical beatdown that I tend to experience. I'll be back tomorrow (I hope!!) to let ya'll know how the Chicken and Gnocchi dish turned out.

Keep it real, folks :o)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment