Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OMG It's Wednesday!!!

I made pork chops and rice last night for dinner. It came out pretty good and was relatively painless to make. Below is the recipe:

Cadillac Cowgirl Pork Chops and Rice

2 Cups Long Grain Rice (uncooked)
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 Family Size Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Large Yellow Onion, sliced
4 Thick Cut Pork Chops or 6 Thin Cut Pork Chops
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
Salt, Pepper and Vegetable Oil for browning chops

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 13x9 casserole dish with non stick spray; set aside. Combine the 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, Lipton Onion Soup mix and cream of mushroom soup in a large bowl and warm it up in the microwave for a few minutes. In a large skillet, heat enough oil to brown pork chops on both sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the pork chops, brown and set aside to drain. Pour the two cups of rice in the casserole dish and cover with the 2 1/2 cups of water and beef broth. Lay the sliced onion and pork chops over the rice and pour the soup mixture over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Check the rice to make sure it's not sticking and continue baking at 375 degrees until the rice is done and the pork chops are cooked through and tender. Check the rice periodically and add water if needed to keep the rice from sticking. Serve with veggies and rolls and viola! Dinner is served!!!

Like I threatened yesterday, tonight is very likely tuna casserole night. I will do my best to post the recipe tomorrow. I may have posted it before, but it deserves an encore :) Don't quite know what I'll fix for dinner tomorrow night - I haven't gotten that far in my mind just yet. I can see Marsala's pizza in our near future!!

I am taking a much needed, well deserved trip to Gruene this weekend. It may be too cold to float, but I can still sit on a patio overlooking the Guadalupe and drink copious amounts of wine regardless of the water temperature. I'll be sure to hit the Grapevine and stock up on Dry Comal Creek wine. I'll make sure that I go to Lone Star Eclectic and spend too much money on frivolous, random items. I'm going to shop, drink and sleep to my heart's desire. And I'm not going to feel guilty about any of it, either :)

Paige has mastered the art of text messaging via my CrackBerry. She sent a text message to her daddy last night before Karate. She thought that was the coolest thing ever and told me that this should make me realize how ready she is for a phone. Right!!! This morning, she told me that a hairbrush is a weapon for tangles. Kid cracks me up. She's so sweet and precious. She told me last night that she likes to help me clean house. When I told her the house was clean and she could clean her room instead, she quickly told me that she didn't like that as much. I asked her what the difference was and she told me that cleaning her room wasn't fun. I told her that if she can have fun making a mess, she can have fun cleaning it up. She wasn't real friendly towards me after that!!!

We went to the Hall last night to have a few cocktails and catch up with Mark and Vicki. After a long day, that was just what I needed. I may not have gotten to bed at a decent time, but laughing for a few hours past my bedtime was worth it!

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back tomorrow to spread some kindness and joy.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment