Monday, May 9, 2011

Just Another Xanax Monday.....

First of all, I had a fantastic weekend with the girls. We stayed in a cabin on the Guadalupe and had the best time. We ate dinner at Adobe Verde in Gruene and shopped at The Grapevine Friday night. I must recommend Los Pinos Ranch Meritage. It was FANTASTIC!! I've also got a bottle of Llano Estacado Tempernillo (I may have misspelled that) and I bought another bottle of Flat Creek Super Texan Sangiovese. And I stocked up on my beloved Dry Comal Creek wine, too. Saturday, we drank our coffee outside on the back patio and just relaxed! By 11:30 we were ready to get on the river, so we headed to Rockin R in Gruene, got our toobs and put our happy asses in the river for an alleged three hour float. FIVE AND A HALF HOURS LATER.....we got off the river. It was low, slow and the wind was blowing us backwards. We all had river wrist and I've got toob rash. Still....I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I needed that trip. I was so happy to get into that smelly Guadalupe river. It's my happy place. There were tons of turtles; a family of three were hanging out on a rock. Just a few snakes, but we took care to avoid them!

I did what I set out to do: I drank lots of wine, I spent an obscene amount of money on random items, I ate good food and laughed and had a great time with my girlfriends. It was a much needed weekend away from the day to day stress!

Thank you to my guinea pigs who tried the soon to be released Mild Bills Pinto Bean Seasoning. I appreciate you taking one for the team!

I was so proud of myself. I actually walked out of the Gucci store without making a purchase. I was kind of offended at what they wanted me to pay for a small messenger bag. I felt like that was a little excessive. I did find a few scarves I liked; anniversary and birthday presents perhaps? Paige was not happy when she found out where I had been. I know I told her that's where I was going, but she feigned ignorance. Her daddy had his hands full with her yesterday morning. One minute she's playing quietly. The next minute she starts asking him what's going on:

He's so screwed....hahahahahaha!!! She's already turning Ken and Barbie into Secret Lovahs.

I'm going to peruse the internet for a pizza stone. I've decided that I want to learn how to make my own dough and pizza. I think I could come up with some pretty yummy ideas for pizzas...so I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I've also been craving mussels lately, so that's definitely going to be on my menu this week.

Oh My God!!!! While driving to our cabin, I happened upon the coolest thing - a place where Airstreams go to heaven!!! Yes! Airstreams - everywhere! I've seen this guy on the internet and remembered that he was in Central Texas, so I figured it had to be him. I Googled it this morning and I was correct! He must have had twenty different models of Airstreams at his shop. I took pics:



I came home last night to a delicious feast courtesy of my hubby. Ribeyes, grilled shrimp, fried corn and warm potato salad. It was friggin awesome! I brought green onion biscuits from The Czech Stop to go along with dinner and they were so good, too. I enjoyed my weekend away, but I was happy to be home and see my little family :)

Upon my return to Ellis County, I was driving down Ennis Ave and saw this. I had to take a picture. File under: "You can't make this shit up":


This is going to be a short week per my own executive decision. I'm going to take off Thursday and Friday and work on my trailers. On Saturday, I'm taking Paige to a birthday party and I think we'll just chill the rest of the weekend. Gary did extensive yard work this weekend and it looks great. I still need to plant all of my bulbs. Hopefully I can get to that this week.

I better scoot on out of here. Today we close our loan on the house my sister is buying from us. This is going to be a semi-decent day!!!

Keepin it real, folks.......

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment