Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh Paige....

Paige talks to my mom on the way to and way home from school just about every day. Sometimes I can hear my mom's responses, and other times I just hear what Paige is saying to her. When she's not talking to my mom, she's chatting me up with her own unique comments and questions. Here are a few of her most recent nuggets:

Paige: Mommy?
Me: Yes
Paige: Did you know that rabbits birfalize their babies? They don't hatch them.
Me: Really?
Paige: Yes, they birfalize them and then they make more. Mommy, why do rabbits like to birfalize so many baby rabbits.
Me: I don't know, I guess they're bored.
Paige: Well, you and daddy must not be bored since you only birfalized me.
Me: ........(speechless)..................

For those of you not familiar with the term "birfalize", it's actually "birth alive", and there's really no telling what the original term used in class might be. So now, anytime a baby is born, they are "birfalized".

Paige: Mommy, why aren't there any monster trucks in Ennis?
Me: Paige, I have no idea.
Paige: It's because they're big and they smush other cars.
Me: Okay

I couldn't hear what my mom was saying to Paige this morning, but Paige was telling her all about earthquakes (only in Haiti and Chile), volcanos, lava that comes from volcanos, why the Earth shakes (it wants to have an earthquake or spill lava everywhere from the volcanos), that T Rex ate all of the other dinosaur's skin and that's why they're extinct and you guessed it...they do not "birfalize" their babies.

My child is priceless. I don't ever want her to grow up. She put a Christmas stocking on her head the other night and wore it while she played basketball. She helped us plant last night and changed her rain boots each time we needed to plant something different. She was fascinated with the mud and wouldn't stay out of it and was outstanding at getting her daddy's Lone Star and shaking it up when she brough it to him :) She also told us that she had come into contact with some germs and needed to go wash her hands. Love it!





I forgot the potato and short rib recipes....I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment