Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ramblings....

Wow...I didn't realize how long it had been since I had spread my own special brand of kindness and joy :) Where do I start?

I've got some chili bitching I'd like to do, but I'm still on the fence as to how I want to phrase the things I need to say...and I certainly don't want to come across as too offensive, or harsh, or cynical. Let's just say I have continued to take my own advice and ASK for what I want from the Board. My first experiment went well; the second one, not so much and I can see why so many people are so frustrated with the BOD. If you are a GP, you received an email with minutes and a partial financial statement. If you did not receive this information via email, then it is available on the CASI website under the "History of CASI". What I didn't appreciate was the answer to the question I asked when I sent an email looking for another document. (Newsflash: I'm pretty smart...and I don't need my question answered with the exact same information I supplied when making my request.) Nor do I need a defensive response when I ask for the item again in the event my first request was unclear (it wasn't) or misread (jury's still out on that one). So, in an effort to give the other board member a chance to respond to the email that they were copied on, I'll reserve the rest of my remarks until a later date. But still, don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. And don't get defensive when you tell me that the item I acknowledged I received from YOU is available to me on the website. No shit.

Speaking of chili - there are quite a few cook offs this weekend. There's a chance of rain, so I'm definitely not cooking. There's also the $10,000 Giveaway at the SOKOL Saturday night...ribeye dinner, open bar, so you know where I'll be. I need to stay home and rest up for a night of debauchery :)

I do love winter, and the snow we've had has been beautiful but I'm definitely ready for spring. I've got herbs to plant, veggies to plant...I'm kind of excited. I am looking forward to some nice weekends where we can stay home and work outside and get the landscaping completed at the back of the house. I've got garden statues that I need to put out, too. They're still being held captive in the shed.

Okay, I've spent enough time b.s.'ing. I'm about to post some recipes. Have a great weekend everyone and good luck if you're cooking chili. Kick ass and steal some points :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment