Friday, July 13, 2012

Things I've Realized.....

Summer does not offer all of the wonderful opportunities for conversations with Paige.  We aren't in the car a whole lot, she's not around all of her friends and she spends a whole lot of time at Gammy's....LOL!!!  Now, my mom and Paige have some crazy talks, but I can never remember them long enough to post them....hahahaha!

We went to Harvey West's last weekend and of course the girls took their bathing suits.  Paige was having a serious ADD meltdown Saturday morning when I told her that she didn't have to get dressed, she could just put her bathing suit on.  She totally freaked out.

"But what about my panties?"

This child doesn't want to wear them half the time and the other half, they aren't even clean.  All of a sudden, when I'm telling her to just put on her bathing suit, she is concerned about wearing underwear. 

Unknown to me, Paige put her bathing suit on OVER her undies.  I had no idea until she came back in the trailer a few hours later and laid this one on me:

"Why don't people recognize that I'm wearing panties?"

Apparently, we are all now supposed to comment on Paige's ability to not only put on underwear, but to applaud her for wearing them under her bathing suit.  Is the irony of this situation lost on everyone but me?  I have an eight year old daughter who doesn't want to wear underwear under her MASS jumper, but thinks they need to be worn under a bathing suit.  God help me.

Wednesday, Paige came to me and told me her tummy was hurting her.  We went through the symptoms, what she ate, etc and I basically told her to just make sure she told Mommy if she started feeling worse.  Well, a few minutes later she tells me that when she burps, stuff comes up....but she doesn't feel like she's going to throw up.  She had reflux as a baby and considering my GI issues, it's not surprising that she would have some issues, too.  So, when we left Mild Bill's, we went to the grocery store and I picked up some Kid's Tums for her.  She took one and it seemed to help.  Later on, I was sitting in the living room and she comes in and asks me, "What is that sexy feeling I get in my throat?"

I looked at her and asked, "WHAT???????"

Well, I scared her when I screamed that at her (I didn't mean to, but my God....what else do you do when your kid asks you a question like that?) and she was like, "I got mixed up...what did you call that when the stuff came back up?"

I ask, "you mean reflux?"

"Yes, sorry....I got confused."

No shit, I'm thinking......

So once I made sure she understood that it's called "acid reflux" and not "sexy feeling", I asked her if she was feeling bad again and she told me no, but that she just couldn't remember the name of it.

Here's hoping she remembers from now on.  OMG - can you imagine her telling her teacher that in 3rd grade.  "Hey, Mrs. Taylor, I got a sexy feeling in my throat when I burp."

Paige still had more to offer that night.  She came in the kitchen with a black Sharpie marker and, I swear to God, this really came out of my kid's mouth:

"Mommy, this says it's a permanent marker and when I write on my calendar, it won't come off.  How am I supposed to get it off if it's permanent?"

I say to her, "Well, Paige, it's permanent....it's not going to come off."

"Oh", she says.  "So, you're saying it's permanent and won't go away?"

"Yes", I tell her...it's not going to go away.  "That's what permanent means."

"I see.  Is this what they use on your tattoos?"

(Laughing) "Uh, no.  They use a different kind of ink and put it in a tattoo gun that has a needle attached to it and it tattoos the ink on you."

And as any highly evolved eight year old would wonder, "Mommy, why would you use a needle with ink when you can just use permanent Sharpie markers for your tattoos?"

I love my child :)

It's been a fun week with the Juicy.  She and I are learning French together and she is writing songs.  Yes, she's becoming a little songwriter.  She's been writing about a "Thriller Killer" on Halloween, a girl with no soul and broken guitar strings.  There is never a dull moment.  Oh, and she's jacked up because Directv dropped Nickelodeon.  And I mean SERIOUSLY jacked up.  I didn't think she was going to make it when they took the Upside Down Show off the air.  She cried about that. 

I'm off to do some canning.  I have a badass fried chicken recipe I need to post.  I forgot to bring it with me.

Have a fantabulous weekend and good luck if you are cooking chili....and Keep it Spicy!!

Spreading the unmistakable aroma of (fresh) cumin everywhere I go.......

The Spice Mistress

No comments:

Post a Comment