Monday, July 30, 2012

Mmmmm.....Delicious!!!!!

Today was DEFINITELY a Monday!!!  You ever have one of THOSE days?  I definitely did!!!  Gary and I decided to go to Chili's for a cocktail and light supper.  We each had a margarita and we split fajitas.  It hit the spot and we've been hunkered down at home in the A/C since then.  Gary took a power nap, I caught up on my DVR'd episodes of French Food at Home and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.  If that doesn't speak to my diverse interests, then I don't know what does.  I like to be just as well versed in the highbrow as I do the lowbrow :)

This weekend I kicked ass in the kitchen!  I made shrimp salad Saturday night and a new potato salad last night to go with our smoked pork shoulder.  Gary totally rocked the pork shoulder.  He smoked it up at the store yesterday.  He rubbed it with Mild Bill's Spirit of the West BBQ Rub and glazed it with our Sassy Syrup.  It ROCKED!!!  Here are the recipes for the shrimp salad and potato salad. 

Cadillac Cowgirl Shrimp Salad

1 1/2 lbs fully cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced shallot
1 Tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1 Tablespoon Mild Bill's Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup mayonnaise (feel free to adjust for your consistency preference)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the above ingredients in a medium bowl; taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.  Cover and chill for at least an hour.  Serve with crackers, stuffed in tomatoes or avocados, or over a a bed of lettuce :)  You could also use the filling to make shrimp rolls.  Buy some French bread rolls or really good hot dog buns.  Toast and fill with the shrimp salad.  Viola!

Cadillac Cowgirl Potato Salad

2 lbs small red potatoes (you can normally buy the 2 lb bag at the store.  I like this option because the potatoes are really small and they'll cook quicker.)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallot
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix
3 boiled eggs, chopped (whites only)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water over medium high heat until tender - about 20 minutes.  Once fork tender, drain and cool.  In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients and taste for seasonings adjusting the salt and pepper to taste.  Serve warm immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  I like to serve it warm, but it's good either way.

Paige has been at Gammy's since Friday.  I took on my closet over the weekend and while I made quite a dent in it, I'm still not finished.  At least you can see the carpet in the floor now.  I know, I know.  It's pathetic.  I mean, what 38 year old woman allows her closet to just go to shit?  Well, this one.  I will say I inventoried all of my purses, wallets, boots and turquoise jewelry and everything is present and accounted for.  That was actually my goal - to get all of that put back in it's proper place.  Look, we all have our vices and mine is purses.  And turquoise jewelry.  And boots.  I admit that I am a slave to those things and it pained me that my jewelry wasn't in it's designated area, my boots weren't up on the shelves and my purses weren't in their protective bags.  Now they are and balance has been restored to my life :)

The dogs were not down with my cleaning plans.  In fact, they did everything they could to discourage me from cleaning.  They'd lay on the bed exposing their muffins for belly rubs.  They'd drag my shit out of the bathroom so I'd have to run after them to get it back.  They'd come sit in my lap or in the middle of the floor where I was trying to clean.  They simply couldn't understand why I didn't want to just lay on my ass all day and do nothing and frankly, I see their point.  That closet kicked my ass!!  But hey, I made progress on a project that I've needed to tackle for a looooong time, so it's all good!

I wanted to give a shout out to all of the Mild Bill's customers that placed over the weekend.  Way to go!!  I love to see all of our customers cooking, placing and having a great time - especially with the freshest spices out there :)

Spreading my own special brand of kindness, joy and spicy love.......

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment