Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jalapeno Ranch Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Parsley

Hello Tuesday!! Yesterday was very busy - I was here until 8 pm. I didn't think it would be a good idea to stop filling orders to blog :) I've got a few spare moments this morning, so my fingers are flying!!!

Cadillac Cowgirl Jalapeno Ranch Chicken

6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 1/4 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
3 Tbsp Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 2 oz log Goat Cheese, sliced into 6 pieces
Handful of fresh Parsley, chopped
Olive Oil for browning chicken
Mayonnaise for coating chicken

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large dish, combine the bread crumbs, ranch dip mix and salt; set aside. Using a large knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast and stuff with one slice of goat cheese and 1 tsp of parsley. Close the pocket by pressing it firmly. Using a spoon, pastry brush or knife, spread about a teaspoon of mayonnaise over the top of the chicken breast. Using tongs, dredge each chicken breast in the breadcrumb/ranch dip mix dish and using a large skillet, brown in olive oil on each side. I started out with about 1/4 cup of olive oil and added more as needed. Place the chicken breasts in a large baking dish, sprinkle with any remaining parsley and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. I served the chicken with couscous and sauteed garlic spinach. It was DELICIOUS!!!

Sunday night, I made Mild Bil''s Taco Soup. There was none left!! Gary and the kids (even Picky Eater Paige ate it!!) ate all of it. It is easy to make and so good!

Mild Bill's Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 medium onion, diced
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoes and 1 can Rotel)
3 cans beans (any combo or all the same...I used pinto, cannellini and great northern)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 Tbsp Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix
1 Tbsp Mild Bill's Taco Seasoning Mix

Brown meat with onion until the onion is tender and meat is no longer pink; drain well. Add to a large soup pot with all other ingredients including juice from canned corn and beans. Simmer until warmed through; check for seasonings and adjust to taste. Serves 8-9 (or the entire Brignon family!!)

I can't believe it is almost time for TICC. I can't believe it's almost time for Paige's Halloween Party. Shit!!! Where did time go??? This year has flown by.

I will be cooking in Cleburne this weekend. I don't plan to carry spices with me because Paige and I will be in one of my small trailers. However, if you have an order you would like me to bring to Cleburne, I can certainly do that!

I'm going to get to work. Another busy day at Mild Bill's.....love it!!!

Spreading my own special brand of everything.....

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment