Monday, June 21, 2010

Greetings and Salutations!!!

Good Morning from my air conditioned corner office in Hell (aka the executive offices of T & B Demolition)!! I'm sooooo over cooking chili in the summer. I tell ya - once the temperature climbs out of the 80's, I'm going to start sitting my butt at home! Man, it was HOT, HOT, HOT Saturday at Cabelas for the Cowtown CCO. Still, I wouldn't trade all of the potential health risks (dehydration, alcohol poisoning from all of the beer required to keep me hydrated!!) for what took place this weekend...my kick ass Zoe won her 3rd STRAIGHT Jr. Championship (the kid has FOUR painted stoves...three of which are Wendell Rankin stoves!!) and Dr. Ray won FIRST PLACE, and tickets to the Virgin Islands!! What a great weekend and I'm so proud that I got to see Dr. Ray and Zoe have such an awesome day. Gary placed 7th and I made it to semi-finals. It was hot and miserable, but the company and the competition was worth it. However, my stove and pot will be taking a very long break over the next couple of months. The older I get, the less I tolerate the heat. I definitely stayed hydrated with cold Miller Lite and wine, though!!

As I mentioned, I made semi finals and I've had people ask me if I get mad because Dr. Ray cooks my recipe, spices I mix for him, and beats me pretty regularly. The answer to that question is a very resounding, "No". I wouldn't trade anything to see him doing what he loves and winning at what he loves to do. I'm proud to help him. I'm proud that my recipe is kicking ass - regardless of who is cooking it. Anytime he places, hell, I've placed. That recipe has placed. He, Gary, and Zoe all cook what I mix for them and it pleases me to no end to see them get a point. Above all else, I'm honored that Dr. Ray cooks the hell out of that chili and is kicking ass. Nothing makes me or Gary happier than to see him happy. I don't think I've ever met anyone like Dr. Ray; or anyone that loves chili as much as he does. If Gary and I can help him continue to cook, then we're going to keep doing all we can to make sure that he does. I'm still laughing at Dr. Ray's 1st place cup and Tom Dozier's 3rd place chili cup "disappearing" after announcements. I've got a good idea where they ended up...and nothing amuses me more :0) Oh...was that a little passive aggressive? I guess I'm taking a break from mentioning names on my blog, so you all will just have to infer for yourselves while I reign as Queen of Passiva Aggressiva for awhile!

Okay, I also heard that the Houston Pod is no longer hosting the Texas Open. I don't know if this is true or not as I've not spoken to anyone directly involved with that cook off in order to verify the information and it hasn't been at the top of my list of things to do, either. I have to say, though, Papa's Ice House was a really great place to have a cook off. We had a great time when we cooked there this past February. I'm attending the CASI Board Meeting next Saturday and I figure it will be brought up then...or not. I know that our Pod has absolutely no interest in taking on an Open, or Championship cook off of any sort. We are a small pod that busts its butt (with lots of help from chiliheads) each February for our 3 day Gingerbread House CCO and we're happy to stand pat. I'm curious as to what will be discussed at this meeting; it's one day only. Will the BBQ be addressed? The Financial Report (it is after May 15, after all)? I've got a few other opinions concerning the individuals running for the BOD, but since I'm taking a self imposed exile from naming names, I really can't talk about it. I mean, it wouldn't be fair to say that I think David Sexton and Roger will do a great job; but that I really don't get a warm fuzzy about the others running. Ooops!! Hehehe......I'm such a shit. Speaking of David Sexton - he did a wonderful job coordinating all of the individuals who helped run the Cowtown CCO. The tally crew, monitors, volunteers...everyone did a really great job. Even in the heat, people worked their butts off and did a fantastic job!

I'm having a baby!!!


Just kidding...but I am getting a new "baby". I bought a 1977 Serro Scotty and I bring her home this week!!! I'm soooo excited! I'm painting the Cowgirl Cadillac and redecorating her. I've got a 1964 Serro Scotty that I'm completely renovating and now a new addition to the family! I have an extra trailer and I think I'm going to turn that into a "girl cave" for Paige and Zoe. It has electric, so I can put an A/C unit in it and they can go out there and play and watch movies and have a good time. This new trailer needs new outside paint, and a little cosmetic work inside. I'm going to have fun decorating! I'm going on a SOTF trip in three weeks and I'm looking forward to caravaning to Santa Fe. I can't wait; I haven't been to New Mexico in almost 20 years....so I'm really excited about this trip.

I'll start posting pics of my trailer renovations. The Cowgirl Cadillac has been a painting challenge, but I've got her figured out now. I haven't been doing a lot of cooking, but will get started back this week. I'm taking a break from meat for the next few months to focus on eating fruits, veggies and lots of fish. I am in serious need of an animal fat detox. I don't count fish because I grill or bake it and it's full of heart healthy omega 3 fats (I can justify anything).

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow spreading my own brand of kindness and joy!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment