Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bad Blogger!!!

Man...am I like the most craptastic blogger ever? I randomly blog about chili, stir up a bunch of trouble and then disappear for two weeks. Wow - I suck!!! Oh well...such is the life of a business owner/wife/mommy/commuter/chili cook/tattoo enthusiast/wine drinker/part time gardener/cook/I can't think of any other excuse as to why I can't blog on a consistent basis :)

So anyways...it's Thursday and the week is almost over. My newest tattoo is finished and I'm a little sad because I've kind of run out of room for more tattoos. Nooo...I'm not covered up with them, but there are areas of my body that I won't tattoo, so I'm in a holding pattern for awhile. Chris Erickson at Elm Street Tattoo in Deep Ellum is amazing and I absolutely adore him. His work is flawless and I can't recommend him enough. If you want a quality tattoo, he is hands down the absolute best at what he does.

I have a few options for the weekend. I could go to Salado for a Sister on the Fly trip, strip and repaint the Cowgirl Cadillac, help Gary with yard work, sit in the pool with a drink, do laundry. The possibilities are endless! My a/c window unit for my trailer is in my sister's kitchen, so I'm going to have to buy another one. My trailer really needs to be repainted. I could use a weekend at home...doing nothing...drinking copious amounts of wine. Hhhmmmm....decisions, decisions.

On my way to the SW Open Chili Cook Off last Saturday (I drove solo in lieu of going in the motorhome Friday night with Gary), I came up with a few fish recipes to try out. I've got two to share - one for salmon and one for tuna. I devised countless menus and recipes while making the 3 hour drive from Crisp to Devol, Oklahoma. Most of them are summer friendly, salad variations. We try to eat light in the summer....which for us can mean no potatoes with our ribeyes and wine...hahahaha!!

And while we're on the subject of the SW Open...can I brag for a moment? I BEAT MY HUSBAND!!!!! And no, not by a computer friendly tie breaker - I CLEARLY beat him!!! And, I added an auto qualifier to my point tally for the chili year. Yay Kelly!!! 151 chilis and yours truly got 5th place...and a chair! Gary got 6th and Vicki got 3rd..and qualified! I was so excited and proud of Ellis County! We had a great weekend and even won a little money gambling. Actually, I lost my ass....Gary won and I took some of his money :) That's it for chili for awhile. It was so hot last weekend and it's just going to get hotter as the summer progresses. I do plan on cooking at the Denton Elks Lodge July 10th and 11th...gotta support my fellow Charlie Robison stalker, Delora :) Oh, and of course Cowtown - Zoe is going for her 3rd straight first place finish. Whew...what a hell of a weekend that will be.

Hang tight..recipes to follow soon...hopefully tonight!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment