Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Conversations with Paige.....

Good Morning. I love my child, she's such a hoot. Sometimes I can't remember all of the cracked out things she says to me. Here are a few:

Me: Paige, why don't you eat some yogurt for breakfast
Paige: But Mommy, I was thinking you would stop and get me a biscuit. I had a biscuit on my mind.
Me: No, we aren't stopping this morning and you've had biscuits and donuts so far this week. Let's eat some yogurt.
Paige: (tearing up) Mommy, I really want a biscuit. I've been thinking about it. I don't want any yogurt; I'm not hungry.
Me: Okay, but we aren't stopping.
Paige: (stomping off down the hall) I DON'T SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, I JUST WANT A BISCUIT!!!!!!!

Gary was in here for this exchange and he was of NO HELP!

Paige: Mommy, I'm sweaty. Just my head, it's really hot.
Me: Well, have you been running around?
Paige: No, I had a good idea. My brain has been working really hard coming up with new ideas. When my brain works hard, my head gets sweaty. So the next time I'm sweaty, don't worry, I've just been thinking.

So now we can all use Paige's excuse when we're sweating profusely. Our brains are working overtime to come up with new ideas!

Has everyone had a chance to look at Janice's blog and read the presentation Jim Ezell came up with? I wonder how the compensation of the TICC champ will be received. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. I think it's a good idea, but I'm not going to flip out if it doesn't get approved. Jim made alot of good points on Saturday.

I'm also completely on board with the BBQ. I do wish that they would make the BBQ contestants cook their BBQ in a designated area outside of the chili cook area. That is the only real beef (no pun intended!!) I have with the BBQ. Jim talked about the gate fee and the entry fee at length on Saturday at the BOD meeting and I couldn't agree with him more. Why should CASI charge an entry fee and a gate fee for the BBQ cooks when it could potentially limit the number of entries? The BBQ has the potential to explode in revenue for CASI and I believe that the Board recognizes that and will do what's right. I do wish that they would allow the GP's to actually vote (not just respond to a survey) as to how they feel the BBQ and Chili should be separated in regards to where it is cooked. The argument about the campfires is a petty one. We've been having campfires in Terlingua since we all started going out there. To use the campfires as justification for the BBQ pits in the cook's area seems a little one sided. That's just my opinion.

I know that many people still have a lot to say about the OLD 320 issue and it was discussed a little after the Cowtown meeting last night. I hope those Old 320 members upset with the Board's decision will work together to form a response and possible solution to this issue. To see how upset some people are makes me believe that they're going to follow through and continue pushing the issue with the Board. I just hope that it's done in a respectful way and that the lines of communication remain open between the Board, the Alcalde and the 320 members. We'll see :)

Have a wonderful day. I'm gearing up for a 3 day weekend and a Bowden/Fieseler/Brignon/Brockman cook out on Sunday. I love it when we all get together. We kill it on the food, we have such a great time visiting and there are always a lot of laughs. My mom and dad have a new patio and patio cover so we will be christening it. I'm going to try my hand at lobster rolls (on hoagies, not wontons...LOL) and I'm also bringing some of those kick ass HEB stuffed burgers. Yum!!!

I'll be back tomorrow - have a great Wednesday!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment