Monday, April 19, 2010

A Week Later.....

Wow...I'm kind of a shitty blogger, huh??? I leave my blog for days at a time...leaving all of you to fend for yourselves recipe wise....no "Conversations with Paige"...not even one dig at CASI. How did you ever survive??? I'm kidding...of course you survived! You relished in the peace and quiet that took over while I was busy with the CPA getting our tax return prepared by the 15th. And because I really don't know who all reads this...or knows about it, I'm going to stay mum on this last week. Nothing against our CPA...she did a hell of a job; however, there are other peeps responsible for my too high stress level over the last 10 days or so.

Anyways...I've got a lot to catch up on. There's so much to talk about. Jesus Christ Karate Super Star, Paige's top notch education that she's receiving nightly at the KJT Hall, lots of recipes. I really, really will try to stay current this week. I can feel it happening; I can do it.

So lets start with chili. I SUCKED ASS at TLS this weekend. And I've figured out why, too. I handed my chili to Roger Foltz Saturday. I went off in the FIRST ROUND. THE FIRST ROUND! That shit doesn't happen to me. I vaguely remember handing my chili to him at Texas Open as well. Same thing - first trash can on the right!!! Kidding Roger, just kidding!!!! But damnit - that shit doesn't normally happen to me. Oh well...shit happens :) Congrats to Jean Barkley for winning again. She is one bad ass lady! And Mel Smith - a fellow Pink Siren who placed 12th. Tammie Wooster was the only North Texas cook to place in the Top 10 - she was also our 2009 TLS Champion. The rain was NOT FUN! It rained last year, too. At any rate, we got there late Friday night, left late yesterday morning and came home to rain. It wasn't the most memorable trip down there and it doesn't look like I'll make it back next year - the 15th is on a Friday. I guess I've got a year to mull it over!

On a more positive note, I did get 9th out of 98 cooks at Traders Village weekend before last. I guess I don't suck that bad after all :) Gary got 2nd and Dr. Ray got 1st. All in all, my chili raked in $1400 that day. Not bad for just standing around drinking and cooking chili. Hell yeah!!

Okay, enough of the filler bullshit - let's get down to the real stuff: Paige!!!! She started Karate lessons last Monday and I have to say she is doing a GREAT job! Let me share a few snippets with you:

Paige: Mommy, do you wear shoes in Karate?
Me: No, you do it barefoot.
Paige: Like Jesus? Jesus was barefoot.
Me: Yes, barefoot like Jesus.
Paige: I can be Karate Jesus..and I can use my moves on Pontius Pilate.
Me: I think that sounds like a fabulous idea.



Okay, so we go to Karate for the first time and she absolutely loved it! I knew it would be perfect for her and it just clicked. We get into the car and this is what she says:

"Mommy, I was a little bit nerbous at first, but then my Kung Fu Panda training kicked in and I became Tigress."




I didn't think I was going to be able to keep a straight face. I certainly didn't want to laugh at her...but she's so priceless. She was acting goofy Saturday night after her shower and I told her that she was the strangest little person I had ever met. She says, "it's because I'm so healthy. Mom. And I take really good care of myself." WTF???? She is just something else!

BTW - who says you can't learn to read and write in a bar? I offer the following as proof that my child learns no matter where we are:



Paige copies all of the beer signs any time we go to the Hall. We've got Miller Lite drawings, Coors, the Exit sign over the door....she is constantly practicing her handwriting and drawing skills. Who needs kindergarten when you've got Beer logos at the KJT?????


We've got Larry Joe Taylor coming up this weekend. I guess I'll spend the next few evenings getting the Toyhauler ready for that. This will be it's maiden voyage, so to speak. I've also got a lot of recipes to post. I'll do that over the next few nights as well. I'm terrible about cooking something without writing anything down, so I always have to go cook it again and write everything down! I've got some good ones, too....loaded mashed potatoes, beef short ribs, sauteed asparagus, a really yummy breakfast casserole and my recipe for biscuits and gravy. I'll get to work on all of that :)

In the meantime...have a great day. I'll do my best to be back tomorrow spreading my own special brand of joy and happiness :0)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment