Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cadillac Cowgirl Slow Cooked Pork Loin

Good Evening. Don't know about ya'll...but this has been the most absolutely horrible week and the sooner it ends, the better off I'll be. A bright spot in an otherwise craptastic day (besides The Juicy of Love and Deliciousness) was the pork loin I put in the crock pot this morning. I came home and dinner was 75% finished - all I had to do was heat up the bread, fix the mashed potatoes and corn and Viola - Dinner! I love my crock pot...it's a life saver and it's the best way to make sure you have a home cooked meal even when you don't have time. You can make almost anything in a crock pot; roasts, stew, pork roasts, chicken, soup, you name it. You can also go online and search conversion charts if you want to figure out how long to cook an oven meal in a slow cooker. Most slow cooker websites and cookbooks also have that information as well as lots of other ideas. Here's the recipe:

1 3-4 lb boneless pork loin
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 of a lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp salt (don't panic - I know it sounds like a lot. trust me)
1 Tsbp pepper
1 tsp each chopped parsley, thyme and oregano
1 Tsbp coarse ground mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp horseradish sauce
4 garlic cloves, chopped fine

In a 5-6 qt crock pot, lay the sliced onion on the bottom and squeeze the lemon over the onions. Discard the onion or leave it in there - your choice. Place the pork loin on top of the onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together to make a paste and taste for seasoning. You shouldn't need to adjust anything. It may taste a little strong but remember you're going to spread it all over the pork loin and it's going to soak in and flavor all of the pork loin, so you want lots of flavor. When you've rubbed down the loin....hahaha...sorry, couldn't help myself, put the lid on the crock pot and turn it on low for 9 or 10 hours. Don't lift the lid, or it will add to the cooking time. Serve the pork loin and onions with mashed potatoes, corn, or any other side dish. How easy is that? You can totally save on cleaning time by using a slow cooker liner. You can buy them at the store and they rock!

Happy eating everyone. Have a great Friday and weekend. I'm on my second glass of wine and it's going down good. It's been a bad, bad week...I'll be happy when it's finally Saturday morning and I don't have to do a damn thing. No chili for me...I'm going to sit this weekend out. I'm still flying high after 4th place at Larry Joe Taylor. That was a great time and I'm looking forward to next year. We always have such a good time with Mark and Vicki and it was our maiden voyage in the toy hauler. I am totally loving the no carpet in it...just rubber linoleum flooring...so easy to clean. Just put the ramp down and sweep out all of the dirt and mud. Hell yeah!

Good Night All :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment