Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How I Deal with Stress - Part I

I ignore it :0) And then...it attacks my pancreas and I almost die. Well, that's kind of dramatic, but technically true. I internalize everything. But here is what I do when I'm stressed out at work: I do everything except what I need to do. I need to call Austin Commercial after three unanswered emails and find out where the fuck our money is. I need to finish billings. I need to get some stuff to our CPA so that she can get our personal return finished. I have to leave by 3:30 and I just don't see how it's going to happen. What I'm going to do instead is waste some time on my blog, wait until 3:00 and then haul ass on what is left for me to bill, send out a temper tantrum email instead of calling, and forward some of my CPA's requests to someone else who I'm pretty sure can give her what I need. It's how I roll these days....

So, I've got some recipes I'm going to share and I'll get to that in a bit. Anyone read the ED's blog today? Bob Coats made a good point about the Baghdad CCO. All this hoopla about getting it going, donations, etc...and then hardly a word since it took place. Kind of like the BBQ situation...Bruce throws a fit at a meeting (and rightfully so), the ED sends out emails asking for our opinion, we give our opinion, she posts it, and then nothing from CASI as to where we go from here. If I wasn't so pressed on time, I'd expand on my opinion, but I'll save it for another day. Oh..and I want to be at the next BOD meeting, and if Bruce doesn't bring up the BBQ, I will...I want to see if anyone will be asked to leave :)

Cadillac Cowgirl Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole

Easy, easy, easy!!! And very good. Not too spicy, not too bland...it's perfect! Serve it with fresh fruit, biscuits, toast, whatever you want. It's also good for dinner. And if any of you read my FB post last night, I'm not above an expensive bottle of wine paired with a serving of biscuits and gravy :)

8 frozen hash brown patties
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb fully cooked cubed ham
7 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 baking dish. Place the hash brown patties in the baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese and ham. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk, salt, pepper and ground mustard. Pour over the ham, cheese and hash brown patties. Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bak for another 15-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cadillac Cowgirl Texas Caviar

3 cans black eyed peas with chopped jalapenos, drained
1 red onion, chopped
5 roma tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 avocados, chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder to taste

Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. You'll know when it tastes edible - trust yourself! Allow to chill for a few hours and serve with tortilla chips.

I'm off like a prom dress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment