Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday Indeed!!!

Good Afternoon!!

The rain we got earlier in the week has encouraged even more bluebonnets to come up. It's beautiful along 879 and 660 going back into Crisp. Gary and I are going to go to Bristol for sushi this evening. Hopefully we can get a bottle of wine, too....maybe ride the backroads :) We used to do that when we lived in Ferris. We would ride around out through Bristol and Crisp and look at the land for sale (and the land not for sale) and promise this is where we would move to and build. We made a detour to Waxahachie for a few years, but I'm so glad we stuck to our guns and kept looking for land where we are now. Yes, it takes me 15 minutes to get out of the Czech maze of roads I live within, but this time of year, it is so worth it.

Uuumm.....anyone else have freaky animals the past few nights??? The damn full moon - OMG!!! Waylon and Eddie were OUT. OF. CONTROL. I'm not exaggerating. And Waylon, that little turd, he found a new place to dig and came in this morning with the muddiest feet and of course, hopped back into the bed. Even Eddie has been frisker than usual. They certainly live up to their name, Jim Ezell :) He didn't name them "The Hump Brothers" for nothing!!

I got my hair straightened this morning, thank you baby Jesus. It was so wavy and unruly and horrific. This time I had Jeff do the Brazilian Blowout instead of the Keratese treatment he's done the past few times. My hair needs all of the poisonous chemicals in the Brazilian Blowout. It doesn't respond to the "greener" Keratese version.

I think I've left my pillow in the toyhauler. I hope it's in there because I cannot keep sleeping on the neck killer pillow I've slept on the past few nights. I have done something to my neck and it is so unbelievably stiff and sore. I took a hydrocodone in hopes that it will help. It's given me the worst headache, too....and I DON'T do headaches!

Paige is with Gammy today and tomorrow dying Easter Eggs and making Easter cupcakes. She told my mom on the phone the other night that she never has nightmares when she stays with her. Really? Seriously? Oh Paige.... But, yeah...she and Gammy...reunited until tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to pick her up and we'll go to Mass at St Joseph tomorrow evening. I wanted to go to Mass at St Thomas Sunday, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Paige has been stellar during Lent. She gave up steak and sweet tea and hasn't had either one. I'm so proud of her. She's such a sweet baby. I gave her my old Crackberry Monday and put her on my wireless plan. She knows how to use it better than her little Go Phone, so she's in heaven. Now she and Gammy can talk uninterrupted for hours and hours :)

I know I sound like a broken record, but I've GOT to start canning!!! I'm going to can two new items - red onion relish and candied jalapenos. I'm still on track to get the three new chili blends out - Mild Bill's Light, Mild Bill's Original and Lone Star Light....I can't wait. I've also got three new seasonings as well. I want to get everything on the website soon, especially with summer and the grilling season getting into full swing. At least it is here, you know, on the south side of Hell. God, it is going to be so hot this summer. I can just feel it already. I had big plans for a garden, but forget it. If it's going to be as hot and dry as last summer, what's the use? I'm going to just plant a bunch of lettuce like I usually do and some herbs. I may grow some cherry or grape tomatoes, but I'm out of the heirloom tomato business for awhile. Paige wants a garden...so maybe I'll dig up a small plot for her to plant in. She also wants her goats....me, too! I'm sure Daddy does too with all the mowing he's been doing lately!

Back to work - I thought I'd take a quick break before I go make chili. I'm feeding the Postmaster today. We've come a long way, me and the Ennis Post Office. It's fun sometimes...imposing my will upon others. Maybe not my will, but at least my multitude of boxes every day!!!

Have a blessed Good Friday and Easter. I'm looking forward to Sunday with my family....I hope you all spend it with your loved ones as well.





Spreading my own special brand of joy and kindness.....

K

No comments:

Post a Comment