Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Conversations with Paige

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and Paige accompanied me as she was out of school. She was great - she minded her manners, sat quietly while I visited with the doctor and didn't share any goofy stories with her. That is until the doctor told me I needed to get an MRI.

Paige: Mommy, what's an MRI.
Me: It's like an x-ray.
Paige: Like the x-ray I had when I broke my leg.
Me: Yes, just like that.
My Doctor: That's a great way to explain it to a kid if they've had an x-ray.

My doctor turns to Paige and asks her how she broke her leg....

Paige: Well, I was in the bouncy house at my school's Oktoberfest and I jumped to the bottom and broke my leg.
Doctor: Oh! That sounds painful!
Paige: It was. And you know what else? My daddy had to come over and pick me up because my mommy didn't want to put her beer down. She was more worried about her beer than she was about my leg. And you know what else? She didn't believe me. She yelled at me after I had been to the hospital and told me I was just fine and could walk.

My doctor just looked at me. I was so pissed. I told Paige that I did too put my beer down, it's just that her daddy was closer to her and got to her first. I told my doctor that Baylor Waxahachie was/is incapable of reading an x-ray and told us her leg wasn't broken. And, for the record, I NEVER yelled at that child. She just kind of smiled at me...you know that smile...yep...that's what I got from her. We sat in uncomfortable silence while she finished up my paperwork which I'm sure included her amending the part in there where they ask how much you drink :)

Really, it wasn't that terrible...but it was pretty funny. My doctor isn't too bad; she's got a sense of humor thank God.

Paige was standing by me while I was printing out a few tiger pics for her project. She asked if I would print out the one of the tigers "mating"....so people can see that they....wait for it......

BIRFALIZE THEIR BABIES!!!!!


YES!!!! I haven't gotten a "birfalize" out of her in God knows how long. I think she said it for my benefit. She knows I love it.

I think we may be making some headway with her food issues. She ate an apple at Farmer's Market Sunday and a piece of chicken fried steak last night. She's having fish sticks tonight. Maybe she's finally coming around to eating real food. She picked out her apples and bananas Sunday - and she tried cantaloupe and liked it. Hallelujah!

When I typed hallelujah it reminded me of Those Poor Bastards. They haven't been to Texas in a while. I love them in concert.

We had a fantastic Easter - Paige and I went to Mass and then we met Gary, my sister and parents, my in laws and sister in law at Babe's in Cedar Hill. It was so delicious. I love that place.

I've finished the 50 Shades of Grey books. I read all three of them in three days. Have you heard about them? They're not going to win any Pulitzer prizes for the writing, but who gives a shit?? All I can do is think of Armie Hammer as Christian Grey while I'm reading them and that's all fine and dandy with me. The books are hot. Read them. And don't be shy about it. Read them in PUBLIC :)

I'm going to sign off. We need to finish P's project. I'll post pictures. Its going to be amazing!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment