Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Suck!!!

OMG....I can't believe I haven't blogged since last Monday....what a loser....LOL!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Mine was good and bad. Laurie and I showed up in the very cold damp weather to participate in the 44th Annual Capital One Turkey Trot 5k in Downtown Dallas Thursday morning. We completed it in a very respectable time (about an hour figuring 15 minutes to get going from our place in the pack and 20 minutes waiting for a porta potty!!) and then headed back home. I did this with a cold....not my best decision....and now I have a full blown sinus infection and bronchitis. But hey - I'd do it again!! It was totally worth it :) We had a full house for lunch and everything was delicious. I once again spent private time with my MIL's homemade dressing and giblet gravy and the turkey and ham from Honeybaked were both amazing. That is the best way to go - trust me!!! We had so much food - green rice casserole, two kinds of dressing, potatoes, potato salad, sauteed asparagus with pancetta and mushrooms, shoepeg corn casserole and yummy desserts. Eddie, that little bastard, was able to jump high enough and yank part of the pumpkin roll off the island and eat it. Eeewww!!!! Gary went to the deer lease after everyone left; Juicy went to Gammy's and Mommy stayed home and self medicated. I had so many projects planned for the long weekend - both here and at Mild Bill's - and the most I've done is make potato soup and frittata for Kary and Joe Pat and download books to my Kindle. Impressive. I didn't work Friday; I was miserable between running a fever, coughing and sneezing...it just wasn't going to happen. I felt a little better yesterday, but feel like ass again today. I have antibiotics, but they aren't working fast enough! I've promised a pedi and ornament shopping to Paige. I'm going to have to get dressed in a little bit. Gary and I watched Food Network this morning and they showed some amazing food! He had planned on hamburgers for dinner. Don't know if that's still on the menu! We tend to feast after watching cooking shows on Sunday mornings. Wonder what he'll want me to whip up??

I've been shopping online. Anything beats shopping in the stores this time of year. I hate the crowds and the crazy people. Not to mention rude salespeople. I love the anonymity and human free experience of online shopping!!! I'm such an ass......

Gary is getting all of the Christmas decorations down. Whatever I don't put up at the house will go to the store. I put a tree up in the living room and decorate the front porch - I don't do the whole "Santa gave birth in my house" sort of decorating. That shit scares me. I have childhood memories of that stuff. I've got a ton of indoor stuff that I can put in the front windows at Mild Bill's. I have lots of Santas and stuff like that. There is a western tree down the street at Interior Ideas. I'm afraid to go in there. I think I'd go batshit crazy shopping in there!!

We've had a slight change in plans for next weekend. We won't be making the trip to Wichita Falls to cook chili as originally planned :( Friends of ours got married last weekend and they are having a party to celebrate this coming Saturday - we wouldn't miss it for the world! We are going to cook in Irving and then spend the night at my parent's house so that we can party the night away - hell yeah!!!

I'll be working on gift baskets and Christmas ideas from Mild Bill's this week. Keep an eye on our website (www.mildbills.com) and our Facebook page for pictures of all of our great products. I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. I'm sure I'll have a recipe to post tonight or tomorrow ;)

Keep it real...and keep warm!

The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment