Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blogging is Not For the Weak....Nor is Reading Said Blog......

Man....blogging ain't what it used to be!!!

a;dkfla;lfkasf;laskfja;sldfjas;lfadf;lksf;lkasjf;lsakfjas;lkfjas;lkfasfklasf;lkajf;alkdfja;lsdkfja;sdklfas;lfkasd;lfkjdsf;lkajsdf;laksdjf;lasjf;lakfjas;ldkfas;ldfkjaweoirweufalskdfweiofja;dsklfjaewiofasdnm;lkfjads;lfijwepiowef;lasjdfowiefjjw;efjas;lf jasd;lkfasnd;lfkj ewoi raew;flaf;lkasjfas;doifjsdl;kfjsdl;kdsf;lafrweiorjwe;iowejo;iweja;slkdfas;ldkfjas;dklfasd;lfkjas;lfkasjdfklasjdf;lkasdfjal;skfjas;dklfjawoierjweiorjewoiwejtweoirjqweiorjew;ofijw;fklsdjf;lkasdfja;lsdkfjas;ldkfas;ldkfjasdlkfjasd;fi jwepowejrewiofjwiofcjalsdkfjasdlkfjasofiwerjewioqewjflsdfalskf ewoirjaslkdfasldkfasldkfas;dlfkas;dlkfasd;lfksd;lsd

I also think if you're going to follow a blog - do so publicly. No need to hide yourself....c'mon....really????? I mean, I proudly follow my sisters!

This morning has been fantastic....coffee, chorizo and egg breakfast taco from Hilda's and a lovely email from a customer wherein we talk about spices and chili powder blends. I had someone yesterday tell me he could tell I loved what I was doing. Man....I don't think I've EVER been told that! He made my day - he's right. I do love what I do - it doesn't get any better than this!

I need to get on the ball, though. Christmas is a month or so away and I need to start on gift baskets so I can post pictures on the website. I will be at the Gail Mills Memorial CCO at Good Shepherd Episcopal Church in Cedar Hill Saturday and will be selling Gunpowder and True to Texas Chili Mix as well as Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix and Salsa. I will be having a Jalapeno Jelly making party next week - feel free to drop by! Habanero Peach Preserves are almost gone....and they won't be back until summer :( I know...doesn't that suck?? Because we use only fresh peaches, fall and winter are not the ideal time to make the preserves. With the way this year has flown by, it will be summer again before we all know it - or are ready for it!

So, Ft Worth Light is now on the product list as Stockyards Special. I'm also carrying Hatch Medium, and a variety of sausage seasonings. I also plan to add Kosher Salt to the product list as well. If there are any other blends or spices that you want to see Mild Bill's carry - send me an email and we'll definitely consider it. I'm open to carrying anything my customers need!

I owe ya'll a recipe :) This was the best roast chicken I have ever made. I grew up on roast chicken. It was a big Sunday Supper kind of meal in our house. My dad could eat chicken every day, so my mom was (and still is) constantly doing something different with chicken. Ever have potato chip chicken? Yep, chicken pieces rolled in butter and potato chips. There's a reason I cook the way I do, people....it's ingrained in my every fiber. Butter, butter, and more butter!!!!

Cadillac Cowgirl Lemon Herb Roast Chicken

1 large roasting/frying chicken (or hen)
1 lemon, quartered
Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme (make sure you have a handful of each as your going to stuff your bird with some, and chop and sprinkle the rest over the bird)
1 medium onion, quartered
4 medium large new potatoes, quartered
4 tablespoons butter, divided and softened
2 teaspoons olive oil
LOTS of Kosher Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper

Preheat the oven to 425. Wash your bird and remove the neck, gizzards, etc. Freeze them and use them in your gravy at Thanksgiving!! haha

After washing the bird, pat him dry. Make sure you get him (or her) nice and dry so as to get a nice crispy brown skin. Salt and pepper the inside cavity of the bird and stuff it with a few sprigs each of rosemary, thyme, parsley and the quartered lemon. In a shallow roasting pan, spread out the quartered onions and potatoes; place the chicken on top. Make four small cuts in the skin of the chicken and place a tablespoon of butter in each cut area and massage it in. Rub the olive oil all over the bird; generously sprinkle the kosher salt and pepper all over the bird. Top with the remaining chopped herbs and roast at 425 degrees for 1 hour. Using a meat thermometer, check the temperature of the bird and continue roasting until it reaches 180 degrees and the juices run clear. Depending on your oven and the size of the bird, the total cook time should be 1 1/2 hours. If the outside begins to get to brown, turn the temperature down to 400 and continue cooking until done all the way through. Slice and serve with the potatoes and onions and any other desired side dish.

Well....it's 9 am. Time to open the store and get to work. I'm wearing my running shoes today....lots to do! Oh - I'm still doing the Turkey Trot, too. I've slacked off of my couch to 5k, but I'm not going to flake out on the Trot. My buddy Laurie is joining me - too bad we can't take our weenies :) Get your minds out of the gutter....she has two mini dachshunds, too..and a love for trailers....that's why we mesh :)

I'm outta here - I got spices to bag, orders to fill and trouble to cause off the Internet......

Spreading my own special brand of kindness and joy in ALL that I do........

K

No comments:

Post a Comment