Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh No....It's Monday Again!!

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend? Gary and I stayed home and did yardwork and housework Saturday and Sunday. I love productive weekends like that! I spent Thursday night and Friday at Mild Bills making Jalapeno Jelly and Prickly Pear Syrup for the very first time! I had so much fun and couldn't believe how easy it is. Time consuming, but easy! The drive home was neverending...I took the loop around Austin and it is a VERY BORING DRIVE!!!! At least I didn't have to sit in Austin traffic, so I really can't bitch, can I???

I have a few recipes to share. I'm once again looking forward to the warm weather because I cook so much more during the summer. Lots of fish and chicken and veggies in my Dutch Oven. I'm debating planting a good size garden this year. I really do enjoy having my own veggies, but I'm not a good weed puller :). I guess we could lay screen down and cut holes to plant the veggies...hhhmm....I'll have to ask Lord Brignon about that!

Cadillac Cowgirl Shrimp Pasta Salad

2 Boxes Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
1 Cup Mayonnaise
4 oz Can Sliced Black Olives
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 Roma Tomato, chopped
6-8 oz Peeled, Deveined Shrimp, tails off (I use the salad size)
1 tsp Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the Pasta Salad according to package directions, drain. Empty both packets of Bacon Ranch seasoning in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the drained pasta, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or chilled.

Cadillac Cowgirl Stuffed Burgers

2 lbs Ground Chuck
1 lb Ground Beef
3 Tbsp Fiesta Hamburger Deluxe Seasoning
2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and chopped
4 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, diced

Combine the above ingredients in a large bowl and shape into approximately nine patties. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Remove and grill or you can cook them in a 400 degree oven until well done....or to your preference!

I also sauteed mushrooms and red onions together to put on the burgers. It was delicious!!! I used ground turkey for mine and added jalapeno and cheese to them and they turned out great, too. I don't get along very well with ground beef, or any red meat for that matter, these days. Friggin pancreas....why does it have to be so stubborn???

Have a good day, everyone!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment