Monday, February 21, 2011

Mmmmm....Tilapia!!

My friend Susan Spencer shared a jar of Penna Olive Tapenade with me a few months ago. It is absolutely fantastic and I've been racking my brain trying to find a way to use it in an actual dish. Sooo...I came up with this Tilapia recipe and made it tonight. It was sooo good and Gary and I both loved it! You can find the Penna Olive Tapenade at www.greatolives.com or visit a Goody Goody Liquor store!

Cadillac Cowgirl Tilapia with Olives and Artichokes

1 1/2 lbs Tilapia Filets
1/4 Cup each Seasoned and Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
5 oz jar Penna (or your preferred brand) Olive Tapenade (you will only use half)
9 oz Artichoke Hearts, drained
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 of a medium size Lemon
12 oz Angel Hair Spaghetti, cooked and drained

Rinse each Tilapia filet, do NOT pat dry. Dredge each filet in shallow dish that you've used to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Once heated through, place the filets in there and allow them to cook for three minutes on each side; set aside when done and keep warm. In the same skillet, add half of the Olive Tapenade mixture from the jar, the drained artichoke hearts and more olive oil if needed. Turn the heat to low and warm up the olive and artichoke mixture for five minutes. Add the Tilapia filets back to the skillet, spoon the olive mixture over the fish, cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish and serve over the Angel Hair Spaghetti. Enjoy!!

For a Carb friendly version, omit the bread crumbs and serve it with a salad or roasted asparagus. You can also bake the fish instead of cooking it in the skillet and just add it to the warm olive/artichoke mixture and allow it to warm together for a few minutes so that flavors combine :)

Well, I'm off to watch the Bachelor and then Castle. Oh, and drink my wine. I ALWAYS make time for wine (and whine). I blog for God's sake...it's just a polite way to hide my whining. Or not so polite, depending on what I'm talking about. But, I digress. I'm outta here!!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment