Friday, May 14, 2010

TGIFF

Hello...I'm glad it's Friday, how about ya'll? I woke up late (as usual) had some private time with the puppies and the Juicy and then off we went to school. Paige has Field Day today and she's really looking forward to running around like a crazy person :)

I hope everyone has a good weekend no matter what they're doing. We've committed ourselves to helping at TOT this weekend, so we'll be at the Irving Elks Lodge. They have a Junior cook off as well and I've already had to answer questions from Paige...."Mommy, am I the best chili cooker ever? Mommy, do you think I will win?" I tell her that yes, she is the best ever and that I hope she will win. What else am I supposed to say? The school has their Spring program coming up next week and I have no clue what they're doing. I know that sounds bad, but I mean it as I can't really get a straight answer out of her. One day she's singing "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" and the next she's singing "Footloose", which is her latest obsession.

If all of my wonderful friends and family could please say a special prayer for two ladies, I would greatly appreciate it. One is for Paige, whom all of you know and adore...the other is for one that you don't know, but is very special to Paige and our family. I don't want to mention her by name, but she's very ill and is fighting cancer. She's an amazing woman and I can't imagine what she's going through. I also can't imagine what all of her "little darlings" will go through either as they deal with what is happening to her. I think this is probably the hardest thing I've had to deal with so far as a parent because I know I will not be able to explain death to my child in a way that will make it any easier on her or help any of us understand why or how this happens sometimes. If you could include Paige and this special woman in your prayers, it would mean a lot to all of us. I don't want to mention her name on my blog (and I'm sure ya'll are thinking, "Why the hell not???), but I will let you know should you ask. Thank you again :-)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and if you're cooking this weekend, kick some chili ass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment