Monday, May 10, 2010

CHARLIE!!!!!



Gary took a picture of me giving Charlie Robison a shot of Tennessee's finest.....HELL YEAH! We had the best time. We were a little concerned when we got there. The Granada is an unusual venue for a Charlie concert. The crowd was very, very different from one you'd see at Gruene Hall or Billy Bobs. And the attire was out of this world. I had no idea men actually wore cowboy hats, western shirts, jeans and flip flops together. At the same time. As a concious outfit of choice. It was bizarre...very, very bizarre. I was also asked if my tattoos were temporary...LMAO. Oh well - who gives a hoot? I don't!! We were at the stage the whole time he played! It was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day gift...besides the ones from The Juicy of Love and Deliciousness :)
Loverboy was sick, too. He didn't smoke, he drank hot tea and kept popping cough drops. It was still a fantastic show. The sucky part of our evening? Cuquitas is no longer on Henderson. It is now called something like "The Hacienda on Henderson"...some trendy, infusion Mexican restaurant. And Jerry's Supermarket is no longer across the street. The white people have taken over. Thank GOD white people don't want to take over 30/Grand where El Taquito is located. Whew - that could have been ugly. But it was still there....and it was DEEE-LICIOUS! Just what a girl needs after drinking the night away listening to the Bandera Bad Boy :) Oh my God...did I just say that??? i did...and I don't care. I'm a dork. I can't wait to see him Labor Day weekend. He's playing Gruene Hall on my birthday. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment