Thursday, September 5, 2013

Vocabulary 101

The indignant smart ass in me would like to really jack with some people.  However, at the insistence of my attorney and my mother, I'm going to continue to act like an adult and keep it classy.  In just a minute. As soon as I get something off my chest.

I think that if you are not directly involved in a situation that from the outside looks extremely volatile, then you shouldn't insert yourself into it.  Don't assume something is about you. If it is, you'll know. And while you're deciding if you want to be an instigator, I think it's important to keep a few vocabulary words in mind. They are: slander, libel and defamation of character. If your education level prevents you from knowing the meaning of those words, I urge you to either "Google that shit" or make friends with a dictionary. And if you still want to be involved, I suggest a really good attorney. There. I feel soooooo much better.

As my mother can attest, I have an issue with color. I like neutrals. Just ask Paige, too. Favorite colors - black, brown, gray (hhhmmmm). My house is neutral. Color scares me. I love my new vehicle, but it's a shade of blue (DB Blue, right Budda??). Well, this freakish fetish extends to my coffee cups as well. With the exception of my beloved bluebonnet and Gruene Mansion Inn coffee cups, all of mine are brown or white. Well, imagine my horror when I opened the box containing my Cafe Du Mond coffee cup purchased in NOLA and it was NOT the plain white mug I thought I had grabbed, but one with green and yellow writing all over it!  I am so bummed!  I want to drink my coffee out of my CDM mug, but it's soooo distracting. I know, I know....serious issues here. Like I said, I've got some freaky fetishes.

I'm posting from my phone, so I'm not sure if I can upload pictures of the Hump Brothers. They're such spoiled brats. Waylon tried to eat one of my chocolate peanut butter cupcakes last night. Crazy bastard.

My mom has been making me a peanut butter cake since I was five. Over the past few years, she's mixed it up by doing the cupcakes instead. I love chocolate - and these cupcakes have dark chocolate chips in them. As good as those things are, they are really only the vehicle for the peanut butter icing that is on top of them. Orgasmic.

I better get up and get my ass in gear. My busy season officially started on Tuesday. We have been blessed the last two years, my summers have not been slow. That's a good and bad thing - wonderful to be busy, but  not a lot of time to get ahead and stocked up. I'm not complaining. At all!

I need to say one more thing. I know that in the past I've had a hateful mouth and my fingers have been more than happy to type the shit I was thinking and saying. I'm not saying that I don't have my opinions about certain things and people anymore, either. I completely understand the difficulty people must have empathizing with me when I bitch about people running their mouths when I have run mine in the past. I shut my mouth for a few reasons. Number one - I wasn't going to screw my business by pissing off my customers with my polarizing opinions. Number two - I didn't like how I felt about myself knowing I had said something shitty about another person just because I could. And number three - if I did say it, it was my opinion and it wasn't being said knowing it was false and misleading. So, to those of you who think Karma's a bitch - well, it can be.  Trust me, I've thought that a few times over the past few weeks. On the other hand, I know I have stood up for myself with some of my latest comments and I wasn't just going off because I could. I chose to defend myself because it needed to be done - for my peace of mind and legally. I'm not going to keep responding to BS - that just keeps people entertained and with something to do when they have no life to begin with. I'm not going to continue to engage idiots (Never argue with an idiot. People might not know the difference). The small part of me that remains an optimist thinks Karma is going to be a bitch for those running their mouths about me and Gary because they think they can for the hell of it. I don't have a problem with people not liking me. There's a lot of people I don't like, either ;). To those who have sent words of support and encouragement, thank you. It means a lot to me and Gary and we appreciate all of you for being so kind.

Feeling 40 and Fabulous....

The Spice Mistress

No comments:

Post a Comment