Monday, January 14, 2013

Tri(state)umphant!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!! Someone got 4th place at Tri State Open last weekend!!! Yes, none other than the Spice Mistress placed 4th out of 129 cooks last Saturday. I was beside myself! Gary and I haven't cooked there since I won and Gary got 2nd in 2009. I was hoping to go back and kick ass and I'm definitely not disappointed. Guess my attitude adjustment is doing some good ;) Congrats to Cliff Miller for kicking all of our asses and getting 1st place! Evwryone was happy for him - and for everyone who placed. Gary and I were thrilled to see so many of our customers place and qualify. Frances Sullivan got 3rd and auto qualified and both Carol West and Doodie Johnson also placed in the top 10. If you haven't cooked at this cook off, put it on your calendar for 2014. Great cook off put on by a great group of folks. This weather is KILLING my skin. I hate dry skin and this cold dry air is just miserable. Oh my God - I'm actually longing for humidity! I SLATHER all sorts of goop on my face all the time. I may have to start coating my face with vaseline. Eeeewww!! I set up a recipe page on Facebook. The Cadillac Cowgirl Recipe Page....real original, huh?!?!?! It's been a great way to post all of my recipes in one spot. Its also got me thinking - I want to write a cookbook. I'm still thinking about it really is something I want to do. Its been almost a year and my hormone shot is starting to wear off. Without the "forced menopause" of my hormone shot, I stay in serious, serious pain - and its starting to come back :( I've taken a hydrocodone and drank a glass of wine with dinner. You could say I'm pain free right now! You can't take these shots forever, so there is always down time between them. Fortunately I didnt have to have as many throughout the the year, so I should be able to have one more before I have to take a break. Keeping my fingers and ovaries crossed :) I'm going to sign off for the evening. The Juicy of Love and Deliciousness is tucked in her bed and I think that's where mommy is headed. Keepin it real in Ellis County...... The Cadillac Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment