Sunday, December 4, 2011

Two Weeks In A Row....

The Giants SUCK!!! Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!

Go Packers!!!!

How was everyone's weekend? Hell - how was everyone's week??? I cannot believe how busy I've been. I didn't realize my last post had been last Monday. I guess I need to start dedicating 30 minutes every morning to the poor neglected Cadillac Cowgirl :)

I had crazy walk in business this week - especially Friday. I joined the Chamber of Commerce and they are hosting a Business After Hours Party and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the store on January 12th. I'm very excited! I also have a new ad in the Ennis Daily News that has attracted more customers. My website gurus are working on a coupon/email blast that will go out this week as well. I'll be running a buy 2 get 1 free on my stocking stuffers - Gunpowder Chili Mix, Mild Bill's Jalapeno Ranch Dip Mix and Mild Bill's Taco Seasoning. I also already have a bunch of gift basket orders. I had my first Klobase and Hot Link Seasoning sales on Friday. I'm so glad that I'm carrying sausage seasoning now. I'm still trying to find the pink curing salt. Suggestions anyone?

Thank you Duke and Vicki for helping me make Jalapeno Jelly and Relish today! This was my first time to make both "Tamara-free" and I was a little nerbous as Paige would say. I told both of them that if they ever wanted to find out if something "foolproof" could be effed up, let me have a stab at it! Thankfully, the jelly set up just like it was supposed to and the relish was a piece of cake. It went beautifully and I'll be making more this week.

It is cold and rainy here - perfect Taco Soup weather! I think I'm going to make a Mexican style stew this week with the Mild Bill's Taco Seasoning. It sounded good to me and I think it would work well with stewed tomatoes and onions. I'm still on the fence about putting potatoes in it. I'm also craving Sea Bass and Chicken Pot Pie. How about that for two totally different types of meals? I'm not sure if I want to do a crust or biscuits on top of the chicken pot pie. The only problem with using biscuits is that they get kind of doughy and gooey underneath.

I gotta go. Fred has done something to his paw and we've got to tend to it. I'll be back tomorrow.

Keep it real :)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment